PDA

View Full Version : how many konica, konica/minolta techs on board?

Custom Search

CMB
07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
just trying to get a head count. i don't see very many of you asking questions about the konica konica/minolta equipment. do our copiers run that much better than the rest?? ha ha just a joke. our sh!t breaks too....

copi_40
07-28-2006, 11:40 AM
About the subject posted on this site seems best are Ricoh and Konica and worst Mita_Kyocera and Toshiba !!!!!!!:confused:.

dbrownlee
07-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Toshiba. Kyocera, Konica Minolta, Brother, Okidata trained. They all have good and bad points. I can say that I have had to call Konica support more in the last year than I have had to call the others in 8+ years. Mostly questions about connectivity and color, so it is probably more me than the machines. This is a pretty rural, economically depressed area, so getting people to move into new technology or spend money can be like pulling teeth (with notable exceptions.) Another thought... the one C350 we sold is to a print shop, who said they weren't going to use it much, just for walk in customers who needed copies... then they decided to "proof" the print jobs for customer approval on it before sending to the printing press. Then they got the bid to do all the owners manuals on it for a local manufacturer. Were running in excess of 7,000 black prints per day, 5 days a week. We sold them a connected 7165 to take off the pressure on the C350. Of course they use mainly a Mac network, which I know little to nothing about, hence most of the calls to tech support. Those guys have been great. Sorry to ramble on so long, but I have been living at this customer for the last several weeks and neede to vent. I managed to bandage the system so they could meet their deadline, but the war is not over yet. TGIF!

dqydj
07-28-2006, 06:38 PM
mita, panasonic, brother, muretec, savin, sharp, konica/minolta and toshiba.
I work on various models of these manufacturers b/w & color.

paulo feio
01-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I work with Konica Minolta, Risograph and Kip

Project Warder
01-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I've used one if that counts. hehe. Trained on KyoceraMita, Canon, Sharp, HP, a little bit on Riso, and a few others. I fix most whatever i get given, except for Panasonic and warranty jobs.

wagon
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Although I am not actively involved in the trade at the moment, I have worked on Toshiba (older ones) Ricoh (older digital) , Minolta, Konica, Riso (older ones), Okifax, HP, etc.

I work for myself now and I don't see many copiers now (except for the antique ep2130 in my office!).

Kendall.

kyoceradude
01-09-2007, 11:39 PM
No Monica Techs here, just Kyocera/Mita. Unless you want to count the Konica's and Minolta's made for Kyocera/Mita. If so, all our tech's are trained (11) on the Kyocera's (Made by Konica or Minolta) Vi-7360, KM-8530, KM-C1530-3130 and KM-C2230. And yes, your sh!t breaks too.

higherlevel
01-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Been with Minolta 10 years, Trained on Konica Minolta, Kyocera Mita, Xerox, Panasonic, Brother Fax, Sharp Fax, Risographs, FP Mailing Equipment, Fiery Controllers,All Printers. ..A+, N+ certified.....work on anything..

I do like the Kyocera Mita 35 series the best, even though the C350 has been a great machine for us..Old Analog Minoltas were a great machine..
3000, 4000's...

servando
01-11-2007, 03:08 AM
I am working on get my Cert for Minolta right now, but I work on them everyday.

DocuSystems
01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Been working with a company for three months and loving it. I'm mainly the network/print driver/network fax guy. But I'm getting to fix some copier problems too. Konica Minolta Bizhub (7020, 7145, 200/250/350, C250, etc.) and Hewlett Packard Printers are mainly what I get to play with. We have customers with Apple and Window networks.

I'm sure to be here asking lots of questions. Maybe I can help with some connectivity problems, though...

Thanks to everyone responsible for this great site!!

fixerboy
01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
been a tech for many year for minolta now konicaminolta and yes some are dog's and most are very good

mikeena
03-14-2007, 05:52 AM
i work on konicas all the time. i work for a dealer. but beens i believe you said you are a service manager maybe you can help me. i have a c350 that a customer brought into my territory. the other company that use to service it changed the tech rep mode password and tech support says to replace a board i know that there is a back door into the machines to reset the password but they wont tell me it do you have any clue

CMB
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
im sorry i don't have an answer. we have not run into that situation yet. i would call the cusotmer and ask them to call the old service guys and get it from them. like you said, i don't think changing a 1500 dollar board is the best solution...

ps, i'm not a service manager. just a tech.

Scott_Lewis
03-19-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm trained on the Minolta and Ricoh brands. I work on anything that comes my way which would include Samsung, HP, Lexmark, Sharp and ......

Been doing this for the past 5 years. Most challenging thing I can find that I'm remotely trained for since moving "back home". Previously, I worked as a systems engineer for 20 years in So. Cal. Just had to get away from there. :p

Wild Bill
03-19-2007, 09:17 AM
just trying to get a head count. i don't see very many of you asking questions about the konica konica/minolta equipment. do our copiers run that much better than the rest?? ha ha just a joke. our sh!t breaks too....

I work on everything except Konica Minolta. Yes they break too. I guess that means we have job security!:D

dburns60
03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I left Konica (Factory Service) before the merge and my old friends can't believe the people running the show now. I continued to repair for small accounts up till today.
I've repaird thousands of different types of electronic devices over the years and am presently loading software into ATM's, setting them up, and testing them before nationwide delivery. (Fun job!)

JSC
03-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I work on Konica Minolta and Kyocera, we only sell the Konica Minolta colour kit which is very good except the C500 which is the biggest pile of S**T.

bgbas
03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm a Konica Minolta tech. Joined the premerger Minolta side in 2000. Worked on Savin, Mitas and Ricohs before that.

Operator Error
03-10-2008, 04:40 AM
I'm Konicaminolta tech but my favorite box is the 3035 kyroceramita family great box. Konica minolta digital boxes could be award winning pain in the ass pieces of junk, color and BW. Except legacy Minolta EP boxes also solid.

d7guitar
06-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Konica minolta - 12 years- Awesome product, Love it, great support that outshadows= Panasonic - 8 years, tech suport must get a kickback for how many main control boards they tell you to replace during troubleshooting as they read out of thier manuals, which is the same as Ricoh- 6 years - and their tech support and DSM for this area are a Joke. Looking at taking on Muratec or Samsung as second line and so far Samsung's requirement for picking up warranty service for our terittory would change our "business" model and their Rep doesn't know how to return phone calls makes the Muratec line look shiny by comparison.

kjesson2009
01-27-2011, 05:58 AM
ok so what i have is a second hand cf2002 with fiery (no idea what kind or brand), I have a router I am trying to use to set up the copier to my coputer. I have the main internet connected to the router then the cord from the copmuter to the router and another cord from the copier to the router. sorry for being so long winded but i haven't done this before :confused: I have looked on the machine and got what I thinkis it's IP address?? then went to "add a printer" to my system and followed all the directions. I know i need the printer driver and I think I got it off the minolta website, but I'm honestly not sure if its the right one:confused: anyways, when i do all the steps and try to print the test page nothing happens:mad: any ideas where i am going wrong?? thanks in advance for any help!!!

charm5496
01-27-2011, 04:12 PM
The IP sceme of your PC and the copier need to be similar ie 192.169.1.xxx the last set of digits can not be the same as that will cause an IP conflict. You might be better off posting this question under the konica minolta section to get specific help on the issue you are having.

jarwil
01-27-2011, 11:24 PM
work for konica minolta and canon dealer. Starting to get more konica minoltas in field than canons

teckat
01-28-2011, 12:03 AM
work for konica minolta and canon dealer. Starting to get more konica minoltas in field than canons

HOS
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I am currently working for a Konica dealer. I prefer Ricoh but am trained on Ricoh,Toshiba, Sharp,Kyocera, HP. Been working on copiers to long!

teckat
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
This is a CANON Forum ~~

RICOH Color printers and their documents=
there is no word in the English Dictionary to describe them both.

charm5496
02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I have a word for that describes RICOH products teckat....but it wouldn't be prudent for me to say so I will be nice!!!! lol

iRC
02-05-2011, 05:30 PM

That's right; I'm also speechless...

But still I can answer to the topic; I work for an Canon dealer. And I don't know if I even want to work elsewhere. There's enough challenges in these machines (usually in a good way, fortunately).

Oh, I almost forgot: I've once touched a konica 8020 (checked it's counter readings and consumable meters). A friend of mine bought it for some of his friend. I guess it has worked quite well cause he hasn't called me for help! :cool:

DadO
02-14-2011, 07:32 AM
I had one truble and it was a canon for last 10 years. Now I got my self an X2 trubles, Canon and Minoltas, O boy. Konicaminolta color machines are great.Period. Not that i can say the same for the B/W versions...lots of problems whit electronic that are so dumb that u actualy cant repir it without good electrician! Canons do have similar problems but not so often nor bullet prof on other problems . To conclude : same s**t but another package for all brends. Sometimes u will pull your hair and sometimes u will be a king of a world coz u are service tech.

teckat
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
When u are a Fully Trained Canon Authorized Tech on their products/
U should have no problem understanding and following procedures for a repair.

It is the untrained techs & end users who struggle in the field.
I know many techs are not able to receive training or work for Canon authorized companies, those people need to develop their own network for assistance.

As proven in this successful FORUM

Custom Search