PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BZ751 J1701

Custom Search

tech51
03-16-2015, 09:40 PM
I have a bz751 which is heavily used for producing a5 booklets. They run a4r from trays 3 & 4 and have auto tray switch on.
The machine is on 2.8 million prints.
Recently the machine has started to intermittently jam, code 1701.
On the data list, all the jams have the same copy volume.
It will then run for two,three or ten thousand prints and then start jamming again, all at the same volume. I have only seen it jam once.
The first sheet had passed through the adu and fed up to the reg unit but the second sheet which should have followed it through was just sitting at the reg roller.
Consequently two sheets end up in the reg rollers and jam with code 1701.
Parts replaced so far. Registration unit,bypass unit,all the clutches in the conveyance and adu,bypass feed clutch, adu control board.
Firmware is on the latest.
It looks like a timing error but I'm at a loss to know where to look next.
Anyone had issues like this on this model?

MVPunisher
09-03-2015, 08:22 PM
How did you make it here? Have a 1701 kicking my *** right now.?

Downunder
09-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Sorry to ask a basic question but, have you swapped over feed units - just had this recently and swapped over feed units and unfortunately both feed units had the same fault. Turned out to be the little white regulating clutch on the take-up shaft on each feed unit. The clutch (needle bearings) moves on the shaft but you can see some wear on the shaft. I sand-papered that on both units and so far the problem has gone. Hope that helps

MVPunisher
09-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Yes unfortunately. Also does it from bypass as well.

Downunder
09-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Ok, when you remove the bypass unit, on the inside of the copier on the right-hand side there is a drive pulley held in by three screws driven by a belt. The pulley has some needle bearings inside, have you given those a good clean and roughened up the shaft. Also remove the finisher unit and remove the exit unit from the copier. Need to take off left hand panel of copier and then four short screws and two plugs. There is a black plate with mylars on, two screws. The grey rubber rollers on this unit get very smooth. Hope this is of some help. A good indication of slippage is using A3, if no problems then probably slippage as you surmised.

MVPunisher
09-08-2015, 07:43 PM
So I resolved this by doing 2 things.

1- (this may or may not have been neccesary) M6 was hesitating to drive the bypass gears (could run I/O 26 load check and see it struggle) I had already swapped entire bypass assembly so I know it wasnt in bypass, so I replaced M6.... upon replacing m6 it stopped sticking and stopped hesitating in the load check ... then -

2. I set the pre-registration timing under "machine" in serv mode to +10MS and that completely resolved the duplex 1701 jams.

yikes

Custom Search