PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous PSES server 2012 R2

Custom Search

emujo
03-18-2015, 12:10 AM
Have a customer running PSES( I hate PSES) on server 2003, of course they want to upgrade to 2012R2. Specs says no problem. Created the new VM, 500G HDD, 4gb ram, installed .net frame work 3.5. All looks good for the software install. Start the process, try and add .net 2.0 and 4.0, sytem comes back with "these are already installed or at a higher level as expected. SQL express 2008 goes in w/o a hitch, install PSES 3.1, shows success and needs a re-boot. Everything comes back as normal, open localhost/pses and login screen pops up. Go in as admin to start the Trial License while I x-fer info from one platform to the other.....There are no buttons for either install license, or trial license!!!!. Went back form the start and re-checked all my settings (IIS Included). Had our support guy remote in and check the settings against our PSES/server 2012 R2 and all is a match. Am I missing some Flash or Java app that is not addressed on the PSES specs, or a security setting that is not configured correctly? Any thoughts welcome. Did I mention I hate PSES???? Emujo

wseyller
03-18-2015, 03:42 AM
I feel ya on this one. I have one customer that has pses. Some other tech before me installed it. All before we started using papercut MF which I love. Only thing I hate worse is uniflow for canon which I have been trying to make the one customer install we have to work correctly for over a year now.

With PSES I don't recall anything besides IIS that is required for the web interface but IIS by itself can be a bitch. Other than that I assume other web browsers don't make any difference because I've seen they do sometimes.

With papercut you don't need IIS. MS SQL is optional and usually isn't require unless clustering is involved.

emujo
03-18-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't think it's a browser issue, as I can go to IPADDRESS/pses from any workstation (Mozilla, IE or Chrome) and the needed buttons aren't there. We are having the customer kill the VM and start from scratch, with a fresh download of PSES 3.1 and try again. Emujo

wseyller
03-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Good luck. I am working on a uniflow install now. Got over 100 hours into it. Fix one thing and breaks another.

emujo
03-20-2015, 12:29 AM
New VM and fresh install didn't help, Tried 3.0 and it worked as expected. Some bug with server 2012 and 3.1 I assume. Emujo

Custom Search