PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C250 Keeps asking to remove and reinstall drum

Custom Search

Victor285
03-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a bizhub C250 that keeps asking to remove and reinstall drums. Black Drum only used 20% of expect life. MFP just over 65k on meter. It was also having trouble with the side door not closing properly and I was getting message to close door. After repeated attempts, I was able to get the door to close without message. Then it would mostly ask for the Black drum to be reinstalled, but it has also requested the 1 or 2 color drums at different attempts to be reinstalled. I have cleaned all contacts on drums and mating areas inside machine and was able to install color drums without message but cannot seem to get the machine to accept the black drum. Once I was able to get the Black drum message to go out after wiping off the Black drum body and contacts, but then had message to reinstall other color drum. I have also tried swapping out the black drum and still get the message. Is there an easy way to tell whether its the harness or reader is toast before I swap out board? Would the side door issue have any relevance to the issue as the door seems to have had a history with this model. Anyone with experience on this model know of common issues like this or run into this problem? All helpful comments appreciated. Vic.

Victor285
03-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Update: :cool:Changed the front wire harness under the inner cover. All is Good!

darry1322
03-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the update. I haven't seen this issue yet.

Victor285
03-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the update. I haven't seen this issue yet.

Thanks, Darryl

dditzler
10-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Update: :cool:Changed the front wire harness under the inner cover. All is Good!

I just had to wiggle mine but that did the trick.

thanks!

cheers
-david

Victor285
10-19-2015, 06:55 PM
That's good. But you may want to be proactive and setup a plan to replace before you start experiencing more messages. Its a sign that the wiring has a break in it or bad connection. ..and its always an inconvenience to have it breakdown on the customer. Better off on your schedule when you have time than to have it happen before a busy period for you.

Custom Search