PDA

View Full Version : C253 Operational Question

Custom Search

Solotime
03-18-2015, 04:33 PM
On a service call yesterday and the customer asked me why their C253 with 519 Finisher will not offset stack when printing from the computer. It seems to work on single sided but does not offset stack when printing 2 sided sets. It will do it when copying 2 sided just not when printing from the PC. Any ideas?

copytechman
03-18-2015, 04:43 PM
On a service call yesterday and the customer asked me why their C253 with 519 Finisher will not offset stack when printing from the computer. It seems to work on single sided but does not offset stack when printing 2 sided sets. It will do it when copying 2 sided just not when printing from the PC. Any ideas?

If you've installed the correct driver there should be an offset checkbox under the basic tab. it may not be checked by default.

Regards!

A.

Solotime
03-18-2015, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=copytechman;463154]If you've installed the correct driver there should be an offset checkbox under the basic tab. it may not be checked by default.

Regards!

Yes that box is checked. Driver is current PCL driver from KM

copytechman
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Is machine and finisher firmware up to date?

Regards!
A.

Solotime
03-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Not sure on the firmware level but their C552 with a booklet finisher does the same thing....

copytechman
03-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Thats.. odd.... driver is supposed to override anything else.... how are the multiple jobs sent? If using word, don't use words collate function. Use the drivers especially when printing multiple sets... Using words collate function can cause weird issues with multicopy sets... I believe there is an offset each job setting @ the control panel too if I remember right... I may be mistaken tho.

Regards!
A.

Solotime
03-18-2015, 08:42 PM
They are printing from Word and Publisher. Both programs do the same thing. Looking into the offset each job setting....

allan
03-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Go in on PSWC and check your printer settings there. Had problems with drivers not doing what they should when its set to double sided there.

JR2ALTA
03-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Word and Publisher have their own 'Page Setup' boxes that override (screw up) everything.

JasonSBE
03-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Doublecheck and make sure the print driver knowledges that there is an FS – 519 on the copier. By default the driver is supposed to auto change the settings but due to security on some networks it will not pick up what is installed on the copier. If you go to the printer properties and go to the configure tab make sure the graphic looks like the copier. If it does not see the FS – 519 installed, it will still give you the option to offset but that type of offsetting involves switching paper trays.

habik
03-19-2015, 02:33 PM
They are printing from Word and Publisher. Both programs do the same thing. Looking into the offset each job setting....

As suggested above, uncheck the collate box in MS printer dialog.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Victor285
03-28-2015, 01:47 AM

Sounds like the options aren't configured properly in the PCL driver. You might want to check in properties window of the driver, go to configure tab and see if the duplex and correct finisher are checked. Apply and OK out of configure tab & properties window. Then If you go back into printing preferences, see if you can select the features. If they are greyed out, you probably do not have the device configured properly.

Good Luck,
Vic

Custom Search