PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bizhub C454 with FS-534 jamming C3205 horizontal transport section didn't start

Custom Search

Laserbeam
03-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Hello to all,

today I had a strange problem with a bizhub C454 and finisher FS-534. The paper leaves the paper exit section, but the horizontal transport section (Finisher FS-534) didn't start. After rebooting the machine, usually some copies can be made, but then the old problem is back. By single copies, the machine doesn't display a jam message on the display, only by multiple copies when the backflow comes up in the machine, the jam C3205 occurs.
As I have seen, the entrance area of the horizontal transport section has no sensors to detect a paper. The command should come from the machine.

When I use the machine without the horizontal transport section and the finisher, everything works perfect without paper jam problems.

Please excuse my bad english, but I hope you understand what I wanted to say.

allan
03-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Was it working before. Did you do firmware. Is there a resonse if you open the finisher door does it show you the doors open?

blackcat4866
03-19-2015, 12:32 AM
My first impression is the the finisher is losing communication with the copier. As a result the MFP intends to eject the paper to the middle tray, but there is a pesky inoperative bridge unit in the way.

We used to get this all the time when one of our biggest customers would disconnect the full sized finisher to move the machines around, but would then forget to re-connect the cables to the bridge unit. =^..^=

Laserbeam
03-22-2015, 09:10 AM
The cause is found!!! :)
After replacing the middle tray without success, I opened the finisher and saw a broken detecting plate. After exchange with a new one, all works fine.
Thanks again to all, who have made the effort to answer me!

blackcat4866
03-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Good catch! Were you able to re-set the existing timing wheel, or was it damaged requiring replacement? This is located in the bridge?

Thanks for sharing your conclusions. =^..^=

Laserbeam
03-22-2015, 09:51 PM
no, I had to renew the timing wheel, because the hold claw was broken. This wheel is located in the finisher (2 of them exists), not in the bridge.

kevan750
09-03-2015, 11:21 AM
no, I had to renew the timing wheel, because the hold claw was broken. This wheel is located in the finisher (2 of them exists), not in the bridge.

Do you have the location and part number for this please?

Laserbeam
09-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Do you have the location and part number for this please?

Parts number: A3EPPP7402
Description: Detecting Plate

splblazer91
09-04-2015, 04:29 AM
Take off the lower finisher tray and then remover the cover behind it. Ive had this happen several times. Never replaced one I just use some gorilla glue and have never been called back on one yet.

Custom Search