PDA

View Full Version : Low desnsity after drum & developer unit replacement

Custom Search

JoeBloe
03-20-2015, 05:10 PM
I replaced the drum and developer units in a 552. Solid black now looks a little light. What is the correct calibration process after replacing these units?

manuelcorrea
03-20-2015, 06:55 PM
should be in the service manual

JoeBloe
03-20-2015, 07:24 PM
I did the image stabilization Gradation adjustment procedures. The calibration page it prints out looks nice and dark, but files printed from a computer look a little grey.

Albonline
03-20-2015, 08:15 PM
I did the image stabilization Gradation adjustment procedures. The calibration page it prints out looks nice and dark, but files printed from a computer look a little grey.

did you do gradation for both print and copy?

JoeBloe
03-20-2015, 08:21 PM
did you do gradation for both print and copy?

Yup.

allan
03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Do these dialta 552

F8 ATDC
F5 AIDC

emujo
03-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Both of these items should auto reset the consumable counters (gas gages should read 100% in control panel, and page counts should be back to minimal in service mode). Did you notice if this is true? Also what is the T/C % in state confirmation? This should be about 7%. You said the calibration sheets look pretty good, what to the internal test prints (demo page PCL Font list ect..) look like? If these are acceptable then it may be a driver issue. Any chance they are printing through publisher? Also you should do a background data reset/image stabilize after replacing the consumables. And you also want to clean the IDC sensors and scan section before doing the cals. If these are PDFs you can try "print as grey scale" or there are a couple of Black printing check boxes in the advanced tab you can experiment with. Emujo

Custom Search