PDA

View Full Version : how to clean fusing belt c6500

Custom Search

qantas
03-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Plain paper 80 gsm thick was jammed and stay on the fusing for awhile causing the fusing belt white mark (not chipped)
how you guy wipe or clean that area ? is alcohol with cotton swap alright?

thks

KM1Amsterdam
03-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Run some heavy large papers, with 100% black or color on it. It should clean the fuser.

But it;s okay to use alcohol on the belt.

blackcat4866
03-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Run some heavy large papers, with 100% black or color on it. It should clean the fuser.

But it;s okay to use alcohol on the belt.

Keep in mind that alcohol has a very low flash point and burns clear, so you may discover, just like my co-worker that his towel and right hand were on fire.

If it were me, I would apply a small amount of fuser oil (less than 4 drops) to loosen up any buildup. Warm up the machine to run the heaters and fuser motor. While it's still toasty use D-ink or Contractors De-Sol-Vit (orange oil based de-greaser). It's a little hard on the nerve endings in your fingers during the first few years of your tenure. Later on all the feeling is gone. so you can do it all day long. =^..^=

allan
03-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Keep in mind that alcohol has a very low flash point and burns clear, so you may discover, just like my co-worker that his towel and right hand were on fire.

If it were me, I would apply a small amount of fuser oil (less than 4 drops) to loosen up any buildup. Warm up the machine to run the heaters and fuser motor. While it's still toasty use D-ink or Contractors De-Sol-Vit (orange oil based de-greaser). It's a little hard on the nerve endings in your fingers during the first few years of your tenure. Later on all the feeling is gone. so you can do it all day long. =^..^=

Yea I go thru a can a month. DO NOT USE ON KONICA MINOLTA GREY/WHITE PLASTIC!!!. First spray directly onto cloth and then apply to problem area. Works wonders to remove labels from transfer belts. :cool:

Custom Search