PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C353 with C-255C

Custom Search

cboucher
05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
We have two identical C353s with identical problems right out of the box. Both machines throw a C-255C code during warm-up. Both K IUs were properly shaken during installation, but were taken out and re-shaken anyways. OEM toner is being used. No mention of this problem on mykonicaminolta.com. Both machines were set up according to the instructions. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening? Did we get two defective machines by some strange coincidence? We'd appreciate any help, thanks.

DadO
05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
C255C: BLACK TONER TCR SENSOR ADJUSTMENT FALLURE

According to sm, u where careless whit IU, shame on u :).
Do check the connector of the black IU and clean it!

Second thing is that u didn't give machine a time to uncondensate (at least 6 hours in room whit same temperature).

I received 2 bizhub C252 whit 5-6 liters of water inside :) so i would know
Then i removed all plastic and place it near a central heating and put blower to blow a warm air into the machine, especially PWB-s where taken blow
And this is not a case just for KM machines...

GL!

cboucher
05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
We already went around and around with the image units. Believe me, if it was as simple as dirty connectors I would have never posted in the first place. Humidity usually isn't much of a problem here in California, but I tried one of the machines again after letting it sit for 24 hours just to make sure and it still has the same problem. We have the service manual here and have read it concerning this problem. We were hoping maybe someone had a similar experience with this machine and could share some information that wasn't in the manual or on Konica's website. (Konica has zero information regarding this particular problem on their website). Also, I probably should have mentioned that both machines were set up by technicians (I set up one, another technician set up the other) as opposed to end users.

Scareit
05-16-2008, 12:21 AM
We have had a few issues with the 253/353 right out of the box, unfortunately not with the codes you were getting. Our problems were solved by firmware, which I am sure you tried but thought I might mention. Not sure what is going on with that model or series, but it isn't impressing me so far. If I hear of anything I will be sure to pass more on. Good Luck!!
P.S. "what the hell's a gigawat???"

DCPS
09-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi
I am since a week now confronted with the same problem and until now i have found no solution to the problem. I have changed almost everything on the machine but it stills gives me the code C-255C. Things i have changed are: MFPB, PRCB, NVRAM, image unit, toner unit, Laser Unit black and new firmware. Are there any ideas?

Thanks

RockETop
09-23-2008, 12:35 AM
For what it's worth, I got a call on a C351 with a C-2557 code. I got there and vacuumed out the K toner hopper which was clogged. I fired the machine back up and it went right to work. I decided to chip the K IU and when I did I got the C-255C code. I put the old chip back on and the machine was happy again.

DCPS
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Meanwhile i have found the fuse IP101 (N38) which was broken on the HV unit and the transistor Q105 too. I have changed the whole HV unit, now the fuse is good but i still get the error code :mad:. This machine drives me crazy!

B0265
09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Check if ICP4 on the Printer Control Board is blown.

DCPS
09-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Check if ICP4 on the Printer Control Board is blown.

ICP4 is ok and all the other ICPs on PRCB.

redime
09-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Description

After toner installation, C255x code within a few hundred prints.

Solution

CAUSE: Toner is not supplied due to abnormal position of coupling.
Normal condition The couplingis blocked by bracket
SOLUTION;Push the coupling lightly and release it from the bracket.

And you say you have went around and around with the image units, but have you swapped them with new units?

DCPS
09-25-2008, 06:42 AM
So now it seems, that in the same time a have an error with the PS31 and the modification for C2152 error. The machine is new so almost no copies until now. What i have found is that the status of PS31 (transfer belt retraction sensor) doesn't change at all during initialization prozess. So i may have to do this modification firstly. The error C-255C comes always on the beginning and after a minute the machine has started. Image units where new at the time the techincian changed them but at that time the HV was broken and there was of course the problem with PS31 too.

pepper38_cnd
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
This may seem odd, but we have received a couple of machines with the print heads out of position, they pop a code during initialization. Just look at the adjusting gears at the front of the print heads if the gears are not meshing just wiggle the print head you will feel it snap into position.

Haroldbfix
09-26-2008, 05:13 AM
This may seem odd, but we have received a couple of machines with the print heads out of position, they pop a code during initialization. Just look at the adjusting gears at the front of the print heads if the gears are not meshing just wiggle the print head you will feel it snap into position.

Ive been to a couple myself and had to help th PH find home.

Custom Search