PDA

View Full Version : transfer belt life in ineo 454e !

Custom Search

jakani
03-25-2015, 07:22 PM
hi everybody,
i want to ask about the consumable parts life in the machine 454e ,
normally you can check every part and see the remaining percentage of it , and it's the REPLACING cycle you have to replace it when it ends right ?
great , the first part reached its end life cycle(after the toner) is the drum i changed it with in new one , after that it came the toner filter , the ozon filter and the transfer belt and i couldn't get theme at time to change them, so i had to find a way out witch i did . i could reset the counter of those tree parts without changing them :)
my questions is : is it healthy for the printer to just reset those part counter every time it ends ? and is there a way to do it for the drum also because the last one i changed looked fin and can be used

allan
03-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Goto service mode press reset and press "Stop 0 Clear" and find the life end setting and put it to "no stop" then goto system 2 and fix what needs to be fixed under "unit change" like switch of the messages. Now the machine will ignore the life counters.

To reset your fuser and transfer belt goto "counter" then "life" press "new release" open front door touch one of the 2 and press start.

And wait for the print quality to @#$% out. Hope you're good at trouble shooting. Some of the units will get upto 3 times its yield.

You can re-chip the drums, but why waste money. Only the company it guy would maybe see the oil can and start asking questions. Our CEO type machines gets done right for PM reasons.

I inspect the machines on every call like check test print i have a good eye for those empty the waste box and clean the lens clean the charge units, clean the exposure glasses visually inspect the fuser and transfer belt, clean dirty rollers. and check the counters.

Even if i get bad half-tone try washing the charge components with 'yes' water and let it dry (workshop job) the halftones look nice and consistent again and the drums lives even longer up to 4 cycles.

In my opinion if the quality is ok why change parts or you can pay the OEM if you what to.

PS.
use OEM toner it works.

Synaux
03-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Even if i get bad half-tone try washing the charge components with 'yes' water and let it dry (workshop job) the halftones look nice and consistent again and the drums lives even longer up to 4 cycles.

Never done that...what charge components exactly are you washing?

allan
03-25-2015, 10:42 PM
The casing normally made from stainless steel, the scorotron (saw blade like electrode) normally plated, and the grid. be very careful with the stuff bends and stretching would ruin it. Take an old drum unit it strips real quick and just look what difference a compressor or a blower alone would do.

Our workshop tech is lazy and i'm too busy so i quit doing it.

jakani
03-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Goto service mode press reset and press "Stop 0 Clear" and find the life end setting and put it to "no stop" then goto system 2 and fix what needs to be fixed under "unit change" like switch of the messages. Now the machine will ignore the life counters.

To reset your fuser and transfer belt goto "counter" then "life" press "new release" open front door touch one of the 2 and press start.

thank you for replying , i think i will try that out on one or two of the machines to test out my "trouble shooting techniques" :p

can you explain more about this sentence :

You can re-chip the drums, but why waste money. Only the company it guy would maybe see the oil can and start asking questions. Our CEO type machines gets done right for PM reasons.

do you mean that there is a way to use the drum ?

thank you very much for replying , your post was very helpful ,i appreciate it if you share any other good hacks with me :o
thank you again

CompyTech
03-26-2015, 07:36 PM
hi everybody,
i want to ask about the consumable parts life in the machine 454e ,
normally you can check every part and see the remaining percentage of it , and it's the REPLACING cycle you have to replace it when it ends right ?
great , the first part reached its end life cycle(after the toner) is the drum i changed it with in new one , after that it came the toner filter , the ozon filter and the transfer belt and i couldn't get theme at time to change them, so i had to find a way out witch i did . i could reset the counter of those tree parts without changing them :)
my questions is : is it healthy for the printer to just reset those part counter every time it ends ? and is there a way to do it for the drum also because the last one i changed looked fin and can be used

The 454e has the consumable life reminders off and stop life set to not stop by default I believe. No dipswitches or firmware required to shut these messages off. You can turn on and off which ones you want to display in the service mode easily. You'll still get messages about the Toner Filter and Ozone Filter, these come with the transfer kit. If cost is a factor just go in and reset the life of the filters, and only replace the consumables if image quality deteriorates. Just keep machine clean and you should be okay for a while.

Good Luck

jakani
03-26-2015, 07:43 PM
The 454e has the consumable life reminders off and stop life set to not stop by default I believe. No dipswitches or firmware required to shut these messages off. You can turn on and off which ones you want to display in the service mode easily. You'll still get messages about the Toner Filter and Ozone Filter, these come with the transfer kit. If cost is a factor just go in and reset the life of the filters, and only replace the consumables if image quality deteriorates. Just keep machine clean and you should be okay for a while.

Good Luck

thank you very much CompyTech :)

Custom Search