PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-353, C-4151, how do the modified PH's look?

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-29-2015, 12:13 PM
How to identify a modified print head against the old one? Need to cannibalize a BH-C-353 for parts cause the polygon mirror at the customer has seized and I don't want to put the same crappy type in the machine.

(Did I say I start to HATE these machines? Have only 7 units of this series in the field and until now:
- Twice damaged M1
- A defective HV board
- Twice squeaking rusty TB clutches
- Clogged up waste toner chutes
- Ruined main board
- DF stalling the machine for unknown reasons

Sorry for the rant but these are all very labor intensive and costly repairs and I'm shivering in expectation for what's coming after that.....) LOL

Hans

blackcat4866
03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Sorry I can't help Hans. I've had the apparent fortune to only have worked on 1 or 2 of these. It's sounds like habik might have the knowledge that you seek. =^..^=

habik
03-29-2015, 08:58 PM
How to identify a modified print head against the old one? Need to cannibalize a BH-C-353 for parts cause the polygon mirror at the customer has seized and I don't want to put the same crappy type in the machine.

(Did I say I start to HATE these machines? Have only 7 units of this series in the field and until now:
- Twice damaged M1
- A defective HV board
- Twice squeaking rusty TB clutches
- Clogged up waste toner chutes
- Ruined main board
- DF stalling the machine for unknown reasons

Sorry for the rant but these are all very labor intensive and costly repairs and I'm shivering in expectation for what's coming after that.....) LOL

Hans

Well Hans,

No good news here for you.

I was told the ones that had been sent back on warranty were furnished with correct (time/temperature stable) adhesive on the SOS mirror. Then sold back as a re-manufactured part costing half or 60% of new.

First there was a special firmware which tried to correct the issue with the SOS signal not being present (delayed C455x)... That fixed machines that did not suffer very low temperatures. When office or machine heated up it would work fine until next Monday after cold weekend when the office got fairly cold. Adhesive shrunk mirror tilted C455X popped up.

Full fix was swapping ALL laser at the time. Since there was a shortfall of units in the begining, I had to do one by one as not all in the same machine failed. So I was marking them. When there was plenty of stock, we did all four, no marking.

I had one machine in particular where they said it freezes usually after weekend. When rebooted usually worked alright. This was going for a month. Changed RAM's . Worked for a week freezed. Reboot. Changed MFPB worked for a week freezed. Reboot. Changed power supply, MFPB, RAM's, HDD with full format and NVRAM recovery worked for 3 weeks and this time the bastard MFP threw up once C455x. Think it was magenta. Changed all lasers. No more issues for 2 months. Then the machine packed up.

ADF lockup .... In Service Mode .... Thats a tough cookie. .... Unless it is those crappy lasers again..

Clutches are a part of tyre change, always cleaned. Lately adding registration rollers seizure or just a preventative maintenance a cleanup.

M1 in one week twice from the whole fleet, so far.

Toner auger lockup ... 3x and on is waiting eagerly in the office :)

Other than that.... What a lovely machine.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
03-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Sorry I can't help Hans. I've had the apparent fortune to only have worked on 1 or 2 of these. It's sounds like habik might have the knowledge that you seek. =^..^=

Thanks for recognition BlackCat :)

I had few headaches to solve mysteries, but most kudos goes to EarthKmTech! His knowledge was very valuable to me. I posses only a drop of experience in comparison to his knowledge of Konic's or yours in Kyocera's.
And to not forget few other supertechs from top of my head
Emujo, Synaux, Owl,Jaralta, Allan, Tonerbomb, Minimerlin...

Guys I thank you a lot!

Hansoon
03-31-2015, 07:56 PM
OK, what I did, I opened the print head and removed the seized polygon mirror. Cleaned and lubed lightly the bushing in the coil which is fixed to the little board. Took from a junker C-253 the polygon mirror. Sacrificed a cute furry animal to an obscure Deity and voila! The gem worked again.

BTW: Could not take the whole Polygon Mirror unit not board since the speed for the C-353 is different from the C-253.

Hans

habik
03-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Nice one. :) might give that a try if it gets seized. Cheers!

Custom Search