PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 how to reduce scanner resolution

Custom Search

bashboosh
03-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi,
I hope someone could help me. In Bizhub 363 how do I reduce the default resolution of the scanner? In 282 it was easy to do. I could not find the same option in 363. Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

blackcat4866
03-29-2015, 05:21 PM
It's simple really. Make the dpi change that you desire in the scan screen. Before the machine reverts to the home screen enter Utility > User Settings > Scan Settings > Defaults > select Current Settings > OK > OK. =^..^=

bashboosh
03-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Thank you for the quick reply.
I could see those settings with your help. However, there is no option to change the resolution. It is only MH or MMR and some compression levels (standard or high).

Is there option to choose from black & white or color scan, or change the default dpi from 200x200 to 150 dpi? I guess this will solve my issue.

The MFP model is Bizhub 363

Thanks again

allan
03-30-2015, 08:09 AM
Change Compact PDF to PDF and change the color mode.

aanhouer wen.

bashboosh
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
There is no option to change the color mode in this printer.
the option is: Compact PDF/XPS compression: (High compression, Standard)

No color mode is found.

Blizzoo
03-30-2015, 01:32 PM
“B/W Coding Method”
parameter Select “MH” or “MMR” as the encoding method for saving files. Some images cannot be viewed on the computer, depending on the encoding. In that case, select “MH” to increase the possibility that the image can be viewed. The size of the encoded data depends on the image data; however, generally, MH data is larger than MMR data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MMR Abbreviation for Modified Modified Read. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/20 their original size.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MH Abbreviation for Modified Huffman. A data compression encoding method for fax transmissions. Documents containing mostly text are compressed to about 1/10 their original size.

If you want smaller pdf size use MMR coding.

bashboosh
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the good information.
I have a bizhub 283 with same setup (High Compression, MMR) and it takes only 55Kb for a colored page while scanned. While the Bizhub 363, takes 250 Kb for the same page! Although the scanner/user settings are same (High compression, MMR).

I suspect somewhere else there is any resolution settings are pending in bizhub 363?

I appreciate your support.

bashboosh
04-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi, thanks for your support.
It was the 'Compact PDF' settings was not enabled in the Scanner Settings. How can I permanently set the PDF to 'compact PDF' in the scanner user settings? Each time after scanning it reverts to 'PDF'.

How can I set it 'compact PDF' permanently?

Thanks again.

allan
04-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Told you. :p

Change the settings the way you like, then goto utility -> user settings -> fax/scan settings -> current setting. Or some thing like that.

It there someone out there that can enlighten me about what compact PDF is good for?
Not really any smaller.

emujo
04-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I have found compact PDF to be extremely useful. File sizes are reduced by about 80% and higher. The compacting is done on the non text areas so there is very little loss. If you are not seeing a vast reduction in file size you may want to check your default settings for compact PDF under user settings/scan fax settings. I choose high compression. The only drawback I've seen is some SMTP servers reject the Compact PDF as spam. Emujo

bashboosh
04-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Thanks to Blackcat and Allan and all others for your help. Solution by Blackcat and Allan worked. the PDF should be 'compact PDF' and it should be done in current settings as instructed by them in the previous posts.

Thanks again, have a great day!

blackcat4866
04-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Custom Search