PDA

View Full Version : roller cleaning

Custom Search

Brett GS
03-30-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi all
Just want to get input of what guys use to clean rollers (pickup/feed/guide rollers) with.
In the past i have used alchole,dilluted soap and even thiners.
Ive heard of guys useing wd40 but havent tried that.
What works best for you guys.

Brett

Issac-brock
03-30-2015, 11:25 AM
I use Lloyds Roll-It, or Katun K cleaner mostly. Both seem to work fine for me.

Colin

EarthKmTech
03-30-2015, 12:58 PM
I use electrolube rubber roller restorer.

IF the rollers are actually dirty otherwise I leave them well alone - I never clean pickup/feed/sep rollers I replace them.

subaro
03-30-2015, 11:28 PM
eco friendly products that are kind to my hands,non toxic and non-flamable. You will have to experiments with those, go to your local hardware and browse the cleaning section. Achohol is a good general cleaner, but in my opinion not good for rubber. I think manufactures only recommends it because it evaporates fast and does not harm the electronics in case of excess use and run-offs. some people swear by it. But after using it everday, you see the chaps on your fingers.

This is a very important item in copier maintence and there should be lots of replies to this thread. Sometime rollers look like they are dead, but with proper cleaning, they can go a long way. what about feed rollers and those not easily replaced, they still have to be cleaned to. A lot of calls can be avoided if attention is paid to the rollers. most techs ignore them and when jams ect are stumped.

LOTS OF TECH OUT THERE, LETS HEAR FROM YOU ON THIS TOPIC.

wseyller
03-31-2015, 12:34 AM
For most rubber rollers I use Green Terpene. I have use something similar to this for years and works well for me. Just just have to be careful as it will melt certain plastic and it has a nice citrus smell.

allan
03-31-2015, 05:53 AM
Spray oil works well like Q20 and the yellow MrMknc(will eat flesh). Alpy to a small piece of your cloth and make sure to remove all the residue.

I like paraffin it does not evaporate quickly and goes a long. Have not noticed and problem with my hands since working on KM and BH.
For toner buildup toner striper works best.

All of the above could mess up plastics.

copier tech
03-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Yes I use WD40 I find this is perfect for the feed, sep & pick up roller, also very good on the vertical path rollers, a good hard run with a clean cloth after & they come up like new.

However one good bit of advice, check the life counters of the rollers, I always replace them at 100-150k after that cleaning is only really a temporary fix, so when you do replace them remember to reset the life counter.

dmclay
03-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Simple Green seems to work pretty good.

Andrii
03-31-2015, 08:52 PM
I use Katun Platenclene for rubber and metal rollers. I use acetone if metal or plastic rollers covered with molten toner. For metal rollers and surfaces in high voltage area and platen glass the best detergent is clean water:)

copier tech
03-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Can you still get Amberclene!? That would melt plastic!

nmfaxman
03-31-2015, 10:11 PM
I use Citrus Solvent from Image Supply Service (http://www.imagesupplyservice.com/).

Custom Search