PDA

View Full Version : network print problem

Custom Search

janinaresh
03-31-2015, 06:02 AM
I have KM BH C451 and setup to print. I failed to make it print. The NIC is set to 192.168.0.11 according to the server TCP/IP protocol. Subnet and gateway are set to 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1 respectively. When I ping through a CMD prompt it times out . I checked all cables and tried a known good cable from a known good hub. It failed again. The lights are on when copier start and after that lights off the connection at the copier. All cables are connected properly and screwed down tight.

Is there a setting or switch I have to turn on? Is there a firmware available? Somebody could send to me?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

allan
03-31-2015, 06:28 AM
Yes its under network settings somewhere around where you network configuration.

Hehe the guys gave up on you.

emujo
04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
You need to get the MFP off the network and connect your laptop directly to it, you don't need a crossover as the NIC is auto negotiating. With your laptop on the same IP scheme as the copier, try to ping. If successful, try to open the web browser, if successful try setting up and testing the driver. One of 3 thing will happen at this point.

1. It will print...stop here you are done.
2. The data light will flash but nothing prints. Look at the job log for the reason, it could be anything from an incorrect username/password to a consumable past it's life limit.
3. No data light and no print. Possible bad NIC which would require board replacement. Emujo

wseyller
04-02-2015, 03:31 AM
This is the question you asked in your original post. Not sure why you create another thread.
This is how the TCP/IP is enabled. Normally it is enabled by default.

janinaresh
04-02-2015, 05:43 AM
This is the question you asked in your original post. Not sure why you create another thread.
This is how the TCP/IP is enabled. Normally it is enabled by default.

TCP/IP enable, but same result

janinaresh
04-02-2015, 05:46 AM
You need to get the MFP off the network and connect your laptop directly to it, you don't need a crossover as the NIC is auto negotiating. With your laptop on the same IP scheme as the copier, try to ping. If successful, try to open the web browser, if successful try setting up and testing the driver. One of 3 thing will happen at this point.

1. It will print...stop here you are done.
2. The data light will flash but nothing prints. Look at the job log for the reason, it could be anything from an incorrect username/password to a consumable past it's life limit.
3. No data light and no print. Possible bad NIC which would require board replacement. Emujo

Dear Emujo

What is process of MFP off the network, please help me

emujo
04-02-2015, 09:24 PM
If you do not understand how to connect your laptop directly to the MFP then this forum can't help you. You need to have a little IT knowledge. Call a local KM tech to assist you. Emujo

wseyller
04-02-2015, 10:41 PM
If you do not understand how to connect your laptop directly to the MFP then this forum can't help you. You need to have a little IT knowledge. Call a local KM tech to assist you. Emujo
Took the words out of my mouth. This is a duplicate thread and I already answered this in that thread that he may need to change laptop to be on the same subnet.

AjitN
04-03-2015, 04:18 AM
If it is a known good cable and hub & also when machine is powered on, light at network port gets on and goes off, most probably it could be firmware or printer board.
Also first try disconnecting HDD & replacing memory cards.
Try to do the self ping at machine
Hope this helps.

Custom Search