PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica MINOLTA bizhub c35 - scanner lock error

Custom Search

teridar
03-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi, I have a problem with the KONICA MINOLTA bizhub c35, at this time the counter approaching 50 thousand. After switching on the screen copier is prompted to unlock the scanner. Needless to say that the mechanical lock the scanner is set to unlock. After turning the scanner lamp is lit all the time, regardless of the position of the ADF and the scanner does not perform any movement. Even as it manually before switching copier I move out of range of the sensor home. Any ideas? Already checked the continuity of the wires connected to the scanner and the continuity of the beam connecting the the document feeder

allan
03-31-2015, 06:12 PM
I had one that snapped the static drive belt and did the same. Also on a very low count but old.

teridar
03-31-2015, 06:48 PM
[Quote = Allan; 465562] Miałem Jeden, ZE statyczny pasek napędowy Piekło i zrobił się SAMO. Rowniez na BARDZO Małej liczbie, ale spojrzenie. [/ Quote] Pasek zębaty ok, skrzynia biegów silnika lub ok.
I found this information on the Internet. Can anyone verify this?
https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEcQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com%2FDow nloadfile%2FDownload.ashx%3Ffileversionid%3D17718% 26productid%3D1305&ei=4dsaVbu9I4u9UeuhgIAP&usg=AFQjCNGrCDo_ixsKZzQaKyJcrrEqtKpYGA&sig2=d3ze2oZTv-o_SaqG0Z5Enw

allan
03-31-2015, 07:03 PM
the link is busted

teridar
03-31-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry, I intercede this document.28648

Andrii
03-31-2015, 09:09 PM
If a firmware update will not solve the problem, check for fracture flat cables inside scanner module near scan head..:)

JasonSBE
04-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Fwiw I had that issue and after flashing the firmware, changing the ribbon cable, and changing the scanner I had to replace the mfp board to resolve it. Hope that's not the case with yours.

teridar
04-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Is there a newer firmware from that which I have (for central Europe)? bizhub_C35_ContFW_30G0112205.
If so, does anyone could share?

teridar
04-02-2015, 07:05 AM
In the service menu in the scanner sensor check list, FB scanner sensor always shows OFF, regardless of the position of the scanner. After uploading the firmware which has the fault is still the same.

trscolin
04-02-2015, 03:57 PM
In the service menu in the scanner sensor check list, FB scanner sensor always shows OFF, regardless of the position of the scanner. After uploading the firmware which has the fault is still the same.

We had this issue a while ago on a C35 and the FW did not help. We ended up replacing the entire scanner assy.

Northwestservice
04-02-2015, 04:17 PM
i have a few of these and have been told to keep a spare scanner assembly on hand because it will need replaceing at some time before 50k

allan
04-02-2015, 04:33 PM
i have a few of these and have been told to keep a spare scanner assembly on hand because it will need replaceing at some time before 50k

Man i need to know how to prevent this i have one busted and 3 more on about 50K.

TTL
06-24-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm with the same problem, the flat cable seems to be ok, the light is on, but the carriage don't move and it says to check the scanner lock - error. :confused:

splblazer91
06-24-2015, 07:39 PM
its usually just the scanner belt that breaks. 10 minute fix.

Northwestservice
06-25-2015, 12:41 AM
just found firmware for this issue ;)

Postcan
06-25-2015, 11:35 AM
go with the basics first - scanner drive belt & drive gear (under lamp carriage). Even more obvious is the scanner lock on (slide on LH side of flat bed)

TTL
06-26-2015, 04:57 PM
go with the basics first - scanner drive belt & drive gear (under lamp carriage). Even more obvious is the scanner lock on (slide on LH side of flat bed)

All that is working fine, have changed the firmware, but no luck.

Next try the flat cable, but I don't have any here.

jqueen
01-11-2016, 05:20 PM
I had one that snapped the static drive belt and did the same. Also on a very low count but old.
I've had the drive belt break, I've also done the firmware update (which sometimes work) on one, ended up replacing the MFPB on another...that was scary but, I got it to work. I'll have to look at the rest of the machines that we have out in the field for page counts...that could get expensive...:(

allan
01-11-2016, 06:06 PM
I have a C35 with a dark brownish toasted guide on the ADF.
So i had to make the scans bigger by 2% to get rid of a mustard colored frame.

lasertech2001
04-11-2016, 09:57 PM
hello good day,
I have a scanner lock error problem. The scanner drive belt break but when I change the scanner drive belt the print outs have multiple lines .i changed the imaging units and the transfer belt same results . see the attach photos

habik
04-12-2016, 10:18 PM
hello good day,
I have a scanner lock error problem. The scanner drive belt break but when I change the scanner drive belt the print outs have multiple lines .i changed the imaging units and the transfer belt same results . see the attach photos

I pressume thats a COPY of a print out! You haven't touched and moved the CCD from its position, or blown compressed air inside the scanner unit, have you ? Could be faulty CCD or flat cables are faulty.Try re-connecting the flat cables and clean calibration strips and mirrors inside the CCD unit.( be careful and use very thin stick with decent lint free cloth) If there is dust on CCD you have to clean it up somehow. Try put it on side and put vaccume on bottom and blow compressed air from top.. or any other way to get the CCD dust free. Good luck.

allan
04-13-2016, 04:43 AM
Its from the engine.

I know this problem. Its a bad ribbon cable connection.
If that happens you need to change the cables with other used ones or new ones.
That problem can also come an go making it frustrating.

It is if the lasers randomly switches on.

The times i had it i swooped the lasers and from 2 machines at the same customer and the result was that both was working after that!
All i can think of is the ribbon cables.

lasertech2001
04-13-2016, 02:07 PM
good day fellas . i did everything you said but stil same results :( this is kind of frustrating now

allan
04-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Also had one i could not solve. had to change it.
But if you gave it a good bump it was ok for a 100 or so prints.

So I am interested in the fix for this.

Zeldaman
04-13-2016, 03:15 PM
Hi there!
For god´s sake, we have only ca. 10 in the field (ca. 10 too much!!!!) the rest changed into CANON or RICOH, but this symptom occurs often after 3-4 years of running.
Uploading the fw from MINOLTA & changing the scanner-lamp fitted it.
Greetings...

korthr5
04-20-2016, 11:57 PM
hello

You have the same problem if you use the ADF ?

kmNoob
10-07-2016, 04:46 PM
I unfortunately am having the same issue. Couldn't really find anything that worked so far. Ended up replacing the scanner unit with no luck; I also updated the firmware with no luck. Currently I am in the process of ordering a new MFP board to see if that will fix the issue. I'll post back if it does.

habik
10-07-2016, 09:23 PM
If the scanner lock wasn't engaged, then for scanner lock codes I was replacing:
Scanner belt (if the strap broke)
Scanner flat cable think 16pin was the narrower( if machine calibrates forever and then C-coded)

I spend once reasonable time as why it wouldn't calibrate and found that the calibration sheet is either dirty or too far away from the lamp and if it doesn't hit the correct reference across the strip it will compensate with different temerature of the fluorescent bulb. That is great for as long as the calibration strip is flat (leveled with the lamp) since the lamp is ON all the time, after a period of time it just warps in the middle upwards creating a bow. So to check it, switch machine off and press down in the middle where calibration position is (strip), now power up and watch the magic happen. It should take few seconds. :D if it works then you have to compensate for that bow bend.
I use two sided tape and gradualy from the middle add strip of decent paper 5cm to start with and cover with full layer of another strip that goes top to bottom. ( effectively you bringing the middle of the calibration strip closer to the optics)
Hope this works for you. If not, then the scanner assembly or board.
So 2cent fix or couple hundred quid!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

allan
10-07-2016, 11:35 PM
I just lift the scanner rails in front a bit.
Yea we removed the last of these machines from our base.

mascan42
10-09-2016, 02:24 AM
I've had this many times and always wound up replacing the scanner unit. I didn't even realize they'd made the ribbon cables available - when did that happen? If that's the more likely cause than the CCD unit, I might put those on my trunk stock.

deepdiver
10-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Had one last week. Turned out to be MFPB. Just follow service manual on replacing to the letter as you can back up meter reading.

pdrs78
07-14-2017, 10:02 AM
With the scanner unit change..I resolve the problem 5 time..

teridar
10-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Hi. For the second time I had this malfunction, and the second time helped to replace the PWB-MFP. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or software problem? Has anyone tried to repair PWB MFP?

Reed
10-24-2017, 04:07 PM
I had this problem as well. Firmware did not fix the problem. I eventually replaced the belt (even though it looked good) that seemed to take care of the problem. The customer hasn't complained about it since.

Custom Search