PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-353, cannot choose cassettes

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-31-2015, 08:06 PM
BH-C-353, ignoring cassette choice when printing. Though 1st cassette is being selected it prints from the 3rd regardless the setting in the driver or application. Any other ideas than firmware please?

Hans

allan
04-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Tray mapping or tray selection priority.

I think look under user settings and system settings.

Are you sure there is no special paper setup on you first tray, like single sided only or colored paper.

If you switch of auto tray switching it should pop-up with the problem.

Hansoon
04-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Allan, it was working before. Suddenly it started to do that for no known reason. Nothing has been changed and one day the mayhem started.

....I HATE those machines.....

LOL Just kidding. I know they are basically good but unfortunately I'm facing all thinkable problems with the few machines I have in the field.

...still HATE those machines....

:)

Hans

allan
04-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Hehe i think i only have 2 of them.

The users mess up the tray setting in most cases.

If its a big problem do data clear on the system settings.

emujo
04-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Before doing a network clear, try setting the default scan and copy settings back to "default". Also, you may want to open the printer driver and ensure the driver can retrieve the printer settings. If the config fails, then the MFP may not be reporting back what options are installed and it may think there is only 1 tray. The driver should replicate whatever settings you have on the copier. If you are set up as auto paper select and all the trays are available, the MFP should pull from the trays listed in the tray settings. Once tray x runs out it should pull from tray x ( if paper is same size and auto switching is allowed). if this works as expected than the driver should work the same way. Occasionally you run into an issue with the tray settings imbedded in the document (meaning someone created the document and said pull paper from bypass tray for example). Hope this helps you. Emujo

Custom Search