PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 3350 Scan to Email

Custom Search

altech
03-31-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm trying to setup scan to email through the web interface and putting in the smtp server address (tried with host name and ip) and everytime I click apply it resets itself back to 0.0.0.0

emujo
04-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Try a network initialize. Emujo

Issac-brock
04-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Try a network initialize. Emujo
Agreed, had a similar issue described in another post. Took an initialize via the web interface to make it accept changes to SMTP.

altech
04-01-2015, 04:16 AM
Agreed, had a similar issue described in another post. Took an initialize via the web interface to make it accept changes to SMTP.

Don't know that I've ever had to do that before. Where do I find network initialize on the web interface?

Issac-brock
04-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Don't know that I've ever had to do that before. Where do I find network initialize on the web interface?
Cannot remember the exact wording but log in as admin to web page, on main screen there is a link called initialize or something like that. It opens with 3 choices, these are resets, one is for network. I did them all once as it was previously setup for a different customer, it cleared it back to factory and started to behave normally.

Would have to see on for the exact path but it's there.
Good luck,

colin

altech
04-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Cannot remember the exact wording but log in as admin to web page, on main screen there is a link called initialize or something like that. It opens with 3 choices, these are resets, one is for network. I did them all once as it was previously setup for a different customer, it cleared it back to factory and started to behave normally.

Would have to see on for the exact path but it's there.
Good luck,

colin

Ok, I went to "maintenance" on the main screen of the web interface and than it gives me the choices of: system settings, network settings, and all settings.
Nothing worked, is this what you are talking about?

altech
04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Oh and by the way I have two C3350 side by side here at the office and they are both doing the same thing. I've tried updating fw but neither one ever reads the flash drive and I've tried four different flash drives lol.

emujo
04-01-2015, 08:24 PM
The reset would be done through service mode, not the web connection. It will restore the network settings back to factory. I have used this method to resolve this issue on many devices, but haven't seen it on a C3350 yet. Emujo

Issac-brock
04-01-2015, 11:32 PM
The reset would be done through service mode, not the web connection. It will restore the network settings back to factory. I have used this method to resolve this issue on many devices, but haven't seen it on a C3350 yet. Emujo
Service mode and admin mode are very lean via the panel. More functions via web on this series.

Issac-brock
04-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Ok, I went to "maintenance" on the main screen of the web interface and than it gives me the choices of: system settings, network settings, and all settings.
Nothing worked, is this what you are talking about?
Yes this is exactly it. Worked in my case.

Issac-brock
04-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Oh and by the way I have two C3350 side by side here at the office and they are both doing the same thing. I've tried updating fw but neither one ever reads the flash drive and I've tried four different flash drives lol.
Never had issues updating, perhaps USB is disabled in admin mode?

wseyller
04-02-2015, 02:38 AM
On this model you can update firmware from the web interface. Use Direct Print to load the .prn firmware file.

trscolin
04-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to setup scan to email through the web interface and putting in the smtp server address (tried with host name and ip) and everytime I click apply it resets itself back to 0.0.0.0

Just to check are you on SMTP Settings?

In Pagescope (Web interface IP Address of copier)
Select Administrator Login
Network (Orange Tab)
Email Settings
Select SMTP settings (May say Email TX SMTP) I believe on that model the Pop (Email RX POP) comes up first when clicking email settings. I was asking cause the ip by default is 0.0.0.0 for server address.

Just thought i would throw this out there as i have seen it happen.

altech
04-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Ok guys sorry I haven't got back to ya'll on this issue. Well it seems that you have to enter all your email settings: smtp server address, device email, etc. in order for it to take effect (at least in my case). I was only trying to enter the smtp server address only and when I entered all the information and clicked apply it took. As for as the FW goes I forgot all about having to create a folder on the flash drive called "Firmware" and put the file in that folder. All problems took care of, thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Custom Search