PDA

View Full Version : Shadowing on bizhub 162

Custom Search

DadO
05-13-2008, 08:58 PM
GREETINGS to all TEC

The patient is bh 162 whit 45k on counter. Didn't change nothing jet.
Machine was serviced periodically 10-15k.

5k before(about 20-25 days) costumer called me becoze strange sound in machine and dirty picture. I checked machine and saw that waste toner where blocked in the tube on the developer. Developer aug roller couldn't pull the waste toner into the mixing chamber witch resulted blockage of whole system. I cleaned the blockade and pushed some of the waste toner into the chamber.

After turning and testing the machine i got a dark,strong picture whit millions of dots over whole picture( shadowing). VG adjust didn't help so i did an ATDC adjust. I got number over 155 witch is bad as i saw by picture.

I removed toner bottle and did a 80 of black copies and after i did ATCD again. Value was 135. Picture where fine but not excelant!

Costumer called me again on present day and told me that picture is bad.
I inspected the machine, and saw again same problem. I took myne whole IU and placed it instead costumers IU and to take it to service. Machine at booting reports C0f32( broken ATDC) but only whit myne IU. So i thought IU was wrong and placed another IU, also myne but same problem.

I inspeced gears and no damage.
I saw on bizhub 163 that they placed a plastic pad where waste toner enters the developer

Can i fix anything in here whit software reinstal?
Did anyone experienced this and is there a solution

My dear colleagues THX AHEAD!

Rudi
05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
it sounds like too many waste toner mixed with your developer at once the only cure will be to replace the developer as for the cleaning unit blockage not much can be done , i did however modify the roller inside the dev tank where the waste toner falls on with a washer next to the bushing inorder to move the roller back because if you look down into the tank where the waste toner falls into you will see a gap , the toner starts building up in that gap instead of moving into the the dev.

vj200729
05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
i have seen same shadowing problem with moisted drum.replacing drum is the solution.otherwise you can dehumidify drum in machine settings.cf32 can be solved by adjusting atdc manually 5 steps more .normal range is 145.try same

DadO
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I was finnaly able to replace myne Iu whit an costumer.
I replaced software and did a memory clear and did atdc again whit myne IU.
i took costumer IU for inspection and modification
Will take mod. from bizhub 163 and place it inside dev tank of dev. of 162 since i see as only thing i can do( no washers inside :D hehehehe but EXCELANT idea if u don't have plastic pad of 163 and congratulation rudi for idea!)
moisture probably blocked the the waste toner....but explain that to costumer :D It's an almost impossible :) ;)

Thx rudi and vy for ideas!

Tip of a day:
DOnt but DONT ever get wd-40 near drum unit of any type as i did today :D it will be a dead drum....accidentally but i did it....

THX!

Custom Search