PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 36 Open and Close ADF message

Custom Search

captain
04-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Upon inspection it appears that the separation roller assembly is not lifting after feeding the paper through. It seems to try and pick up the assembly but it never makes it into the locking position. What could be the cause of this?

allan
04-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Its a bad ratchet. Replace the feed wheel assy. In between the rollers there is a slip clutch and on the end of that there is a badly designed ratchet that is supposed to give enough torque to get the roller assy to hook.

The symptoms is a clicking noise.
If you leave it long enough you will get a message that says ADF initialization error or something like that.

captain
04-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I assume this is a common problem with the ADF on bizhub 36's considering I have had a number of them do the same thing.

allan
04-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I assume this is a common problem with the ADF on bizhub 36's considering I have had a number of them do the same thing.

Yea, but the replacements seems ok. Did not get that problem for a while now.

Have to mention BH36=POS

giddyupngo
12-07-2015, 03:34 PM
I know this is an older post, but just ran into this same problem on a C35 last week. It was regularly displaying the "ADF Initialization Error". Konica Minolta recommended replacing the ADF, but just replacing the feed assembly worked. Fortunately it just clips in, no screws at all. We thought it was a loose ribbon cable at first.
Thanks again and God Bless.

Imsdal
12-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi.

I hade the same issue with a bizhub C35 and I changed the Separation Roller Assy p/n: A0CRPP0100, but nothing changed.
Later on I change all the sensors and voila the problem is gone. But I donīt know what sensor is the bad one.

Cheers

Imsdal

srvctec
04-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Its a bad ratchet. Replace the feed wheel assy. In between the rollers there is a slip clutch and on the end of that there is a badly designed ratchet that is supposed to give enough torque to get the roller assy to hook.

The symptoms is a clicking noise.
If you leave it long enough you will get a message that says ADF initialization error or something like that.

Had to revive this thread since I've had this issue on a bh36 for a couple years now, intermittently, so I could say a huge THANK YOU to your post, allan. Replaced the entire feed section (from a donor machine), problem came back. Replaced the entire ADF from another donor machine, problem came back. After seeing this thread and observing how poorly designed the slip clutch is on the feed assembly, decided to replace the whole thing since the rollers were worn pretty bad. Problem solved!

Now that I know what the issue is, I have a solution that doesn't require replacing the super expensive feed roller assy. I just take out the cheap little slip clutch and put a couple rounds of tape around the clutch where the 4 plastic parts are supposed to expand and slip over the 4 corners of the inner part of the clutch. This tightens it up considerably, almost identical to the tension of a brand new feed assy. The mod only takes a minute or two and solves the issue as well. Hate how cheaply this little "clutch" is made!!

allan
04-30-2019, 10:17 PM
Had to revive this thread since I've had this issue on a bh36 for a couple years now, intermittently, so I could say a huge THANK YOU to your post, allan. Replaced the entire feed section (from a donor machine), problem came back. Replaced the entire ADF from another donor machine, problem came back. After seeing this thread and observing how poorly designed the slip clutch is on the feed assembly, decided to replace the whole thing since the rollers were worn pretty bad. Problem solved!

Now that I know what the issue is, I have a solution that doesn't require replacing the super expensive feed roller assy. I just take out the cheap little slip clutch and put a couple rounds of tape around the clutch where the 4 plastic parts are supposed to expand and slip over the 4 corners of the inner part of the clutch. This tightens it up considerably, almost identical to the tension of a brand new feed assy. The mod only takes a minute or two and solves the issue as well. Hate how cheaply this little "clutch" is made!!

Made a mod too where i cut a groove and clip a single winding of a spring over it. There is a tread out there where i explained it in detail.
But my solution was to replace every last B42/B36 machine with ex contract B363 machines because of the endless scanner belt, scanner cable, SSD , ADF and firmware issues they gave.
Not sure think BC mentioned fixing it with a single cable tie.

allan
04-30-2019, 11:04 PM

Forgot to mention. Your welcome.

blackcat4866
05-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Made a mod too where i cut a groove and clip a single winding of a spring over it. There is a tread out there where i explained it in detail.
But my solution was to replace every last B42/B36 machine with ex contract B363 machines because of the endless scanner belt, scanner cable, SSD , ADF and firmware issues they gave.
Not sure think BC mentioned fixing it with a single cable tie.

I have a very vague recollection of something like that. I'm glad you have a good memory. =^..^=

allan
05-01-2019, 01:28 AM
I have a very vague recollection of something like that. I'm glad you have a good memory. =^..^=

Not sure and to lazy to find the thread... :p

Hansoon
05-01-2019, 05:19 AM
Not sure and to lazy to find the thread... :p

That's the problem with smokers kicking off. They become lazy.... lol ;)

Hans

allan
05-01-2019, 07:41 AM
That's the problem with smokers kicking off. They become lazy.... lol ;)

Hans

True story...

Custom Search