PDA

View Full Version : C284e flashing blue light.

Custom Search

barber782
04-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

Iv got a konica c284e networked and the blue data light on the front of the machine continously blinks blue. No jobs are in queue on machine or in print spooler. Machine on latest firmware and disabled hdd to see if any different.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ta

Nick

SmellsHot
04-02-2015, 03:35 PM
possible IP conflict issue. Or something sending data to that IP address. Unplug network cable and ping address to check for reply

trscolin
04-02-2015, 03:49 PM
The blue series of lights just under the control panel i refer to as the data lights. Generally means the copier is processing something. This could print data from a workstation, a fax coming in, etc.

Since you are not seeing anything in the logs like "deleted due to error" and i am assuming the blue lights keep flashing till you power off the copier using the primary power button, correct?

Is this a new install? If yes did it replace another networked copier/printer? If yes was the same IP the old networked printer/copier used on the C284e?

Just wondering if the C284e is trying to process a print job/network fax/etc that was sent from a workstation using an older driver for a previous copier/printer

Before i would troubleshoot anymore (maybe you have done this already) i would pull the ethernet cable or usb and power cycle the copier. If the blue lights doesn't start flashing again there is is a very high chance the issue is not with the copier.

Please post your results especially if you get it working.

Good Luck!
Have a great easter.

allan
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
I have a C35 doing that all day long. I could probably wireshark it and get the answer. Then again its working ok. its on the same network with 2 other identical machines firmware the works and they behave, so i swapped the machine and retained the IP's and the light's still blinking so it must be something sending data to the IP.

Then again its working ok. I am wondering if SNMP could cause this.

barber782
04-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Same customer other site getting same issue along with black screen.

allan
04-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Same customer other site getting same issue along with black screen.

Make sure your firmware for the "e" range is upto date to just before K2 i dont trust K2.

barber782
04-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Didnt realise there was a K2 firmware

emujo
04-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Try getting into utility mode, if you do not see the options for user or admin, and you have a fax installed on the MFP, then you have a corrupt fax job and it will reside in memory until erased. To do this go into service mode/fax/and look for fax file format. Press OK to delete any fax jobs and exit out of service mode, data light should be off. Emujo

Brett GS
04-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Didnt realise there was a K2 firmware

Had same issue a 3 weeks back,updated FW to K2,changed ip address,moved to another network point and still nothing but via a laptop and cross over cable it printed 100%,printed a 40 page pdf document in less than 2 mineuts. The onsite IT guy later checked every pc and found 1 of them that had the incorrect Printer driver,he corrected it and i havent got a call again since.
Good luck.

Brett

Custom Search