PDA

View Full Version : Error Code L-1 Code Illuminates Screen of C552DS Warning

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
04-02-2015, 09:33 PM
We have a bizhub C552DS with the soft switches setup for "endless" imaging units, where they hit 90% and just keep running. Well, now this machine has the oil can at the bottom of the screen with code L-1. I looked in the manual for the L codes and cannot find them, only the P codes.

Because we are running the imaging units "endlessly" and L-1 is for Cyan, I tested the Cyan imaging unit and everything appears OK. So is it just a miscalculation by the machine and ignore it? Or is there an issue?

I ask because it warns our customer that the "screen is illuminated because of a warning/issue". If there not an issue and it is a miscalculation, how can I turn OFF the Illumination Warning?

And, where is it in the manual?

Thank you in advance!

copier tech
04-03-2015, 08:09 PM
This is normal, you will always get the oil can L codes when you have the parts set to run on.

The latest Bizhubs only show the oil can in service mode so the customer never sees it.

Desert Rat
04-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Would that firmware GC4-C4 fix that?

DR

Choclit008
04-04-2015, 12:36 AM
The L code appears at the time of normal end of life to let you know that the unit is now running past life.
Normal end of life messages are suppressed on screen but show up on PSWC & print drivers that show life status.
I get calls from customers who see these messages instead of relying on the screen.

Your warning message was new to me so now I understand where it comes from!

Choclit008
04-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Forgot to add that the only way I know to resolve it is to replace the item or reset/rechip it.

Custom Search