PDA

View Full Version : C451 from email address won't change

Custom Search

mrfuser
04-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Changed admin email address and machine address and it still won't show either as the from address. Shows an old email address. Go into communication settings while doing an ail and can manually change it one time but next shot it goes back to wrong one!!!

help I gots me a miffed client!

Thanks!

kelly

wseyller
04-03-2015, 01:13 AM
Is it not saving the changes or is it just not showing this address when receiving an email. Some email servers will force the email address as the sender that you authenticate with.

If it just just not saving the setting then try doing it from the web interface.

mrfuser
04-03-2015, 02:03 AM
I have tried machine and web interface with same result. Even though it appears to save correctly when you go to email it still shows old address. Even rebooting multiple times did not work. It is my email server and I use this with many clients. The email address in the communication settings when scanning still shows old one unless you manually change it and as you know it only keeps it for that job then resets to whatever default is, which is really not correct in this instance.

Is it not saving the changes or is it just not showing this address when receiving an email. Some email servers will force the email address as the sender that you authenticate with.

If it just just not saving the setting then try doing it from the web interface.

EarthKmTech
04-03-2015, 03:35 AM
It isnt somethign silly such as the default scan settings have been saved with that incorrect email adress added manually is it.....

The other place an unusual from address can come from on these old machines is if someone has created a certificate, though the symptoms do not match yours.

habik
04-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Try system error clear if the Default scan settings set as Factory Default doesn't work.
NIC Reset through NVRAM TOOL.
HDD Format.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copier tech
04-03-2015, 10:51 AM
I would start by updating the firmware might be as simple as that

Custom Search