PDA

View Full Version : Toner not installed error. C20 Bizhub

Custom Search

daddykins
04-04-2015, 05:29 AM
I have two C20 Bizhub with this message.
"Toner not installed check X".
On one machine X is the Cyan, other is K.

After trying all physical cleaning options (without any dismantling) I Have tried 4 brand new genuine Toners.
i have another machine working perfectly so of course I've tried a full swap of tnr & Image units with no joy...
Still these 2 machines are out of action - can anyone point me in right direction?
any tips appreciated!

Hansoon
04-04-2015, 06:28 AM
I had one doing that and had to put it in the dumpster.

It seems that the machine writes something on the chip thereby ruining every virgin chip put into it. I F#$§ 'd 3 brand new K-toner units and one drum unit with it. A nightmare.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/93736-bh-c-20-not-recognizing-k-toner.html?highlight=

Hans

daddykins
04-11-2015, 11:51 PM
Thanks Hansoon, I thought there may be something in what you said, cause I put in 4 brand new genuine Konica toners and still the same problem.

but then I put the Toner into my other, working machine, & it worked fine. Then I put the toner back in the dodgy machine , and bingo all was well......

10 prints later and the problem returned, same issue 'toner not installed check K'.

can anyone offer a pointer?

Thanks in advance , d

neil greenhough
04-12-2015, 11:21 AM
HI, the toner level is controlled by the image unit. If the image unit does not detect a new toner then the add toner state will remain. Have the image units been chipped? If they have then that could be the cause. Also, have you cleaned the toner level sensor board Led and sensor. These machines were ( I say were because they were a pain and we upgraded customers who had problems with them - that's everyone! ) You could also check that the machine-side image unit contacts are not bent out of shape. Good luck!

Hansoon
04-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Daddyskins there was also an issue with the shutter in the image unit for the toner entrance not opening well and also the toner chutes under this shutter becoming clogged with compressed toner.

Hans

neil greenhough
04-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes your right. The main reason the toner cartridge shutters did not open correctly was that to make the machine financially viable dealers had to use third party toner. The image units and the transfer belt were next to useless. I had to drop the image density on all colours to -2 just to keep them in check. Also had to set machine to mode 2 to stop it using colour toner during calibration even though you were mono printing! Konica published an "enhancement document" for these machines. Would have been better advised to test the machine before launching it! Hindsight eh!

daddykins
06-10-2015, 06:10 AM
Thank you all for the tips here..I'm no technician just a user and I'll try to contact Neil who is very local to me, to see if he can follow up the tips & his experience in my 2 troublesome/dead machines - we have 4 plus a 'scrapper' and we like them most of the time!
D

Custom Search