PDA

View Full Version : C554E colors incorrect on Cardstock from bypass

Custom Search

splblazer91
04-06-2015, 02:59 AM
Customer is trying to print Solid Green background with black letters and the green turns out light/faded blue.They are selecting Thick 2 in the driver. Only printing one sided. Ive had this happen in the past and it was because they werent selecting Thick paper in the driver but thats not the case here. Any suggestions?

allan
04-06-2015, 10:34 AM
What king of card stock is it. You can set the transfer voltage per paper type in service mode -> machine.

If you say its light blue stop the machine directly after a print and pull the ITB and it should be yellow. If its not the its not a transfer issue.

emujo
04-06-2015, 01:57 PM
How many copies on the x-fer belt and x-fer roller? Remember this is a plain paper copier. You are always going to have issues with CQ on different substrates. Assuming your consumables are not at end of life, I would start with a quick clean and calibration 1st. Use the brightest white paper you can find. Emujo

splblazer91
04-07-2015, 04:21 AM
All parts are like new. Machine is only a few weeks old. Finally got it figured out though. I had to go into Service Mode and max out the Secondary xfer volt for THICK 4. The paper they are using is a 90lb perforated cardstock

SmellsHot
04-08-2015, 04:32 PM
I've noticed that the 4e's struggle with color quality on thicker stock. I've had so many customers call and complain about it already. Typically I have to do what you did. Max out 2nd transfer or crank up density. Majority of my machines are like new with this issue. Seems like another Konica whoopsy......

Custom Search