PDA

View Full Version : service manuals , firmware , a story of a newbie , request , and other things

Custom Search

jakani
04-06-2015, 11:28 PM
hi everybody

i remember when i first posted on this forum when i had a problem installing my first machine ineo +454e , i had some weird lines i knew later that technicians call them ''lines of shame'' in this forum emujo and others gave me the solution which was to 'just' follow the steps on that piece of paper , which was not clear for me in some steps like : enter the "service mode" and do that and that ... and for details on how to enter the service mode see the "service manual" !

where is that service manual it didn’t came with machines …

so while looking for that "service manual" i found web sites selling it in the net and members replying with links to their web sites if you want to bay it ,,,

i went to KM website thousands of times , i found it strange that such a big brand and they didn't have at least a forum and downloads of firmware and other stuff ....
and while browsing in the forum reading posts about problem that i may have in future i see that it hard to find firmware , service manuals , movie data ...

so here what i want to share with you gays today is some FTP sites that contain some hard to find data :

this one is for olivety brand (like konica minolta and develop same firmware and program)
ftp://85.182.248.68/

ftp://195.91.159.71/

this one you will find some Russian in it
ftp://dhcp-29-254-208-178.metronv.ru/Volume_1/%C3%C0%CB%C0%CA%D2%C8%CA%C0/%D1224/

ftp://212.59.5.238/

i solved my first problem and other problems thanks to this forum and thanks to the experienced technicians that gave some of their precious time to answer stupid questions of a newbie with no training at all , thanks for everything

other thing before leaving if anybody here have some useful stuff of ineo + 454e or ineo 454e or anything on this plotter aficio mp w2401 I appreciate it :)

here is my email : jakani@yandex.com

blackcat4866
04-06-2015, 11:35 PM
That's a good story. =^..^=

emujo
04-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Saw your post and had to comment since you mentioned me in particular...As long as you include the basic premise "this forum is mostly for trained techs with unusual problems and questions" you will find that 99% of the advice given is very useful, and I include some of my own responses that fall into the 1% that is not helpful. Firmware, manuals, and passwords are something that all trained techs have access to (at least with KM), and can be, in the least, questionable, and at most, quite dangerous, to give out at the drop of a hat. So if I give you a suggestion to try like " enter service mode and set soft switch 172 to hex 70", then I expect you know how to get into service mode to try my suggestion. I would hate to to be the guy who showed you how to reset a fuser code and later found out you reset the code 4 times in a row just before the MFP caught fire and burned the place of business to the ground. Or the one who showed you how to get past the admin password to by pass the color codes so you could make unrestricted color copies and so on...So I don't know if you were slamming me with your post or not (either way is fine) but this is my reasoning. Emujo

Tonerbomb
04-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Saw your post and had to comment since you mentioned me in particular...As long as you include the basic premise "this forum is mostly for trained techs with unusual problems and questions" you will find that 99% of the advice given is very useful, and I include some of my own responses that fall into the 1% that is not helpful. Firmware, manuals, and passwords are something that all trained techs have access to (at least with KM), and can be, in the least, questionable, and at most, quite dangerous, to give out at the drop of a hat. So if I give you a suggestion to try like " enter service mode and set soft switch 172 to hex 70", then I expect you know how to get into service mode to try my suggestion. I would hate to to be the guy who showed you how to reset a fuser code and later found out you reset the code 4 times in a row just before the MFP caught fire and burned the place of business to the ground. Or the one who showed you how to get past the admin password to by pass the color codes so you could make unrestricted color copies and so on...So I don't know if you were slamming me with your post or not (either way is fine) but this is my reasoning. Emujo

Nice play emujo, the hex card!!!!!!! there aren't that many of us that know what that is let along know how to do hex math..........................

jakani
04-08-2015, 10:14 AM
but this is my reasoning. Emujo

and it's good and enough for me , this make you more responsible for what you're posting ,

and for the moment i don't want to burn any place ... maybe in the future )

i'm an It gay in a small company my problem was that i didn't have any training (for many reasons) and found my self in front of 11 ineo 454 machines ,so this forum was and still watching my back

Custom Search