PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e auto rotate problems?

Custom Search

MVPunisher
04-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Most likely going to call Konica next time I am there. The machine does not auto rotate outgoing fax-scan jobs correctly.

Fax jobs have to be sent out in R direction or it will flip it sideways on page. Outgoing network scans are the exact opposite, they need to be sent in portrait or they will flip sideways.

The customer has to move the guides if scanning or faxing.

The paper is being detected correctly because the logo on the screen flips when you flip the paper...

wseyller
04-08-2015, 05:00 AM
I don't recall this and I would have to test to see what happens but to be able to auto-rotate a document to have the text in the correct orientation any device would have to use OCR to determine the text direction to be able to rotate. Not sure if this device does that.

But with that said. Once the document is loaded with the selected destination(s). You can then use the "Preview" button which will give you a visual choice selection of which way the document is loaded. Once selection is made you press the "Start" key. The original is scanned and then the Preview screen appears. You can make changes such as rotation or you can select send now.

These instructions are shown in the HTML user guide. In the Fax section > How to send a fax > Check the Finish before Sending

Same also applies to scans

In the Scan section > Scan-to-send function > Checking the finish before sending

-----------

I don't know if this will be practical for you or not. I don't know if there is another solution. This is just what I found so I hope it is of some use. I searched thru the service manual and users manuals and this is what I found. I searched knowledge base and didn't find anything at all related to this model. There was some "rotate" hits in general for older models and for scanning that mention that you would need to turn off mixed-originals.

tekhed
04-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Most likely going to call Konica next time I am there. The machine does not auto rotate outgoing fax-scan jobs correctly.

Fax jobs have to be sent out in R direction or it will flip it sideways on page. Outgoing network scans are the exact opposite, they need to be sent in portrait or they will flip sideways.

The customer has to move the guides if scanning or faxing.

The paper is being detected correctly because the logo on the screen flips when you flip the paper...

I had a similar problem where the adf settings for start/stop scan etc were out and the image was too large in the width direction so it would rotate and shrink the a4 so that the image was then approx a5. Adjusted the adf settings and it was good. If you have the setup rectangle sheet thing it makes it easy.

MVPunisher
04-15-2015, 12:18 AM
I had a similar problem where the adf settings for start/stop scan etc were out and the image was too large in the width direction so it would rotate and shrink the a4 so that the image was then approx a5. Adjusted the adf settings and it was good. If you have the setup rectangle sheet thing it makes it easy.

I will have to take a look at that next time i am there. What was weird to me was the difference between fax and scan. Scan absolutely has to be in portrait direction and it is fine. If you scan it in the R direction (landscape) it rotates the image on the screen.

While in fax mode it is the complete opposite. If it was one way or another it would have made more sense to me.

MVPunisher
04-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Of course i can set the size in original settings but that is not a reasonable solution lol.

B0265
05-30-2017, 01:20 PM
I know it's an old post but did you find the solution?

izzynut
11-08-2017, 10:21 PM
I know it's an old post but did you find the solution?
Error
Faxes rotate the TX image by 90 degrees when scanned. Constant or intermittent.

Root Cause
Failed sizing sensors in the ADF tray.

Workaround/Fix
Replace the sizing sensors:
For the DF-701:
PS9 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS8 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 ( A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

For the DF-624
PS7 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS6 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 (A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

A temporary workaround would be to set the scan to 8 ½ X 11 default by selecting it on the ADF, the going to utility--> user settings --> Scan/Fax --> current setting

izzynut
11-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Error
Faxes rotate the TX image by 90 degrees when scanned. Constant or intermittent.

Root Cause
Failed sizing sensors in the ADF tray.

Workaround/Fix
Replace the sizing sensors:
For the DF-701:
PS9 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS8 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 ( A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

For the DF-624
PS7 (A108M50000 Photoreflector)
PS6 (A108M50100 Photointerrupter)
VR1 (A143PP6X00 PW Board Assy)

A temporary workaround would be to set the scan to 8 ½ X 11 default by selecting it on the ADF, the going to utility--> user settings --> Scan/Fax --> current setting

Well these where suggestions by Konica but I still have the same issue so problem remains unresolved.

Custom Search