PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Can't scan to email without resetting to factory

Custom Search

Frostwolf
04-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to let people know,

Since K2 (maybe even J6-J8) firmware updates I've had 4- or 5 black & white e series(224e to 554e), that will not scan to email no matter what you do, until you wipe the network settings back to factory. Each machine after resetting to factory has worked on the first try. These have been different email servers each time.

blackcat4866
04-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Thanks to the tip. =^..^=

Frostwolf
04-09-2015, 12:19 AM
I'll add each time I had the trouble the email was using ssl or tls. I wiresharked the last one, and it just seem to stop trying during authentication.

wseyller
04-09-2015, 03:52 AM
I had this once and the reliable gmail didn't work either until I did this. Can't remember if it was a color machine or b/w.

pepper38_cnd
04-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Make sure the Domain Name is left blank. I have seen on this series were if say the domain is copytech.net and the email is someone@copytech.net the machine will try someone@copytech.net.copytech.net which of course won't work.

Frostwolf
04-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Make sure the Domain Name is left blank. I have seen on this series were if say the domain is copytech.net and the email is someone@copytech.net the machine will try someone@copytech.net.copytech.net which of course won't work.

I've seen this a long while back before A9 Firmware. I reported the problem to KMBS, but they wouldn't look into it. This can be seen with wireshark when the first attempt to get the hostname resolved from the DNS fails. This goes back to when EXIM email servers didn't work, It took me a month to get KMBS to realize that the 4 series couldn't authenticate with EXIM servers, they A9 release fixed that.

richmods
04-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to let people know,

Since K2 (maybe even J6-J8) firmware updates I've had 4- or 5 black & white e series(224e to 554e), that will not scan to email no matter what you do, until you wipe the network settings back to factory. Each machine after resetting to factory has worked on the first try. These have been different email servers each time.

Would you happen to know if this is true of the C353 series? I have set up scan to email on this model in the past without any issues but I am currently working on one right now that consistently gives me a "server connection" error no matter what settings I use. I have had thoughts of wiping all the network settings but have not tried it yet. Also, this machine was a pre-leased machine that the customer purchased.

allan
04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
I had that with a B421. Could not figure the problem until i clear all the network settings.Also server connect error. Happened not long ago.
Some times if the gmail stops working login in with a PC to the account once and it works again.

Frostwolf
04-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Never had to reset the c353. Try wireshark. The easiest way is to use a usb to ethernet adapter on a laptop, then bridge the two network adapters together. About 15~20 dollar setup that can save you time and money. You can't read ssl encrypted data, but you can make out whether or not ita connecting to the server.

The gmail account will sometimes lock, for suspicious activity or maybe they want you to prove your human or something, so logging and and email from the web interface resets gmail.

Custom Search