PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Magenta streak

Custom Search

Flippin
04-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Hey Gang,

Full disclosure; I'm a volunteer minor hockey coach and was given a Bizhub c350 which I have been using for about 2 years without issue. The total counter is 194,000. As of late the it has been printing a magenta streak along the bottom (portrait) edge of a letter sized print. In an effort of first solving my problem I searched here and other sites to no avail. Hence my plea for assistance.

I have attached a few images to better describe the issue. The print quality is fine however the colors are "off", plus of course the magenta streak along the bottom edge. The other 2 pictures show magenta toner on one edge of the roller.

Thank you so very much in advance for any help that you're able to share.

-Paul

fixthecopier
04-08-2015, 09:45 PM
You need a new magenta image unit. They have a life. Maybe 30,000. Sometimes the other colors will be close behind. The item you took a picture of is a transfer roller. Wipe it with a dry cloth to get toner off. You can swap the IU yourself.

Flippin
04-08-2015, 10:42 PM
You need a new magenta image unit. They have a life. Maybe 30,000. Sometimes the other colors will be close behind. The item you took a picture of is a transfer roller. Wipe it with a dry cloth to get toner off. You can swap the IU yourself.

Thank you very much for the information. I will start web mining for the IU310M.

-Paul

fixthecopier
04-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Additional info.

The machine is programed to tell you to change the IU before you see an issue. The Konica drums can go double their life or more, so most techs will chip the IU, changing the chip the machine reads, until they have a quality issue like you have. My guess would be that your unit was chipped in the past. You have the option to replace the $25 chip when the machine ask for one. The chip will not fix any quality issues, just reset the message on the machine. When your streaks are of one color, that matches the colors of your toners, the issue is most likely the IU's. Crappy brown streaks are usually the transfer belt.

Flippin
04-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Additional info.

The machine is programed to tell you to change the IU before you see an issue. The Konica drums can go double their life or more, so most techs will chip the IU, changing the chip the machine reads, until they have a quality issue like you have. My guess would be that your unit was chipped in the past. You have the option to replace the $25 chip when the machine ask for one. The chip will not fix any quality issues, just reset the message on the machine. When your streaks are of one color, that matches the colors of your toners, the issue is most likely the IU's. Crappy brown streaks are usually the transfer belt.

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks so much. I know the diagnosis is so simple for you but you have no idea how helpful you have been. I contacted a friend with the same machine (no longer working) and "borrowed" the magenta IU before purchasing one and it works perfectly now. I will now offer to purchase his dead machine to serve as a donor for future events.

Again many thanks.

-Paul

Custom Search