PDA

View Full Version : finisher fs 527 c 1183 code

Custom Search

brent
04-09-2015, 06:58 PM
I give up guys. I have 2 finishers that have this code. I know it is a sensor.. but I look at Konica Minolta and there is no tad document on this for the finisher fs 527 it is fitted onto my bizhub 423 I would think this would be more of a common problem
I asked before maybe a couple years ago. and I got a actuator plastic piece. just the installation is not working out for me
any other thoughts?

brent

JasonSBE
04-09-2015, 07:42 PM
C-1183 relates to the up/down action on output tray 2. Check the claws at the exit and make sure they aren't stuck. Also make sure tray 2 is properly anchored and not tilted at an odd angle. Also, make sure it is not elevated past the stop position. Once it goes too high the only way to get it back down that I know of is to take off the back cover and manually turn the motor to lower it.

Hope that helps.

brent
04-09-2015, 10:41 PM
thanks Jason. I did see that the claws are indeed free and it was too high so I manually rotated the top tray down a few inches. reset the machine. and it lifted up the tray.. and before I could even get it to shut off. it lifted and busted the drive gear into a million pieces.. so I need to look at the sensor I guess and figure out . I have a lot of learning to do on this machine.. one guy said he could replace that sensor/actuator with one hand. but I have not been as fortunate I guess

thanks

brent

blackcat4866
04-09-2015, 11:33 PM
I've had quite a few out, and as far as I know there is no easy shortcuts. The elevator tray must come off, and the side rail covers. From the inside the offset motor assembly must be removed. The vertical cover that holds the actuator rides on horizontal rails front to back. once you get the cover free there are a bunch of connectors to disconnect with very short wiring.

This switch actuator is gravity operated, so if the metal shaft gets bent if changes the center of gravity, and the switch does not return properly.
=^..^=

brent
04-09-2015, 11:48 PM
thanks black cat. so after taking all those items off. then replacing the actuator. that was the fix then?
I am going to attempt this tomorrow.. as per your instruction. thanks

brent

blackcat4866
04-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Yes sir. Usually the gear is broken on the first trip. Be sure to toothbrush out all the elevator tray gears, since the broken teeth collect in the grease, and hide there to break your new gear again. =^..^=

scottybbb
04-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Had to do this a couple of times.They modified the actuator so that it would flag the sensor better.

brent
04-13-2015, 09:59 PM
ok I am ready to start this project. I am going to work on it a little bit today and some tomorrow. depending on the call volume. thanks guys for the help
I am going to tear it apart

brent

brent
04-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I was able to get it all apart and I changed out the new actuator. All back together.
And it still codes out the c 1183. Question. Is there something I did wrong? No replaced it and reconnected all the connectors. I did have quite a time taking off the elevator tray. By removing the tray from the belts. Was that right? Anyways I am in need of a little more advice. If possible. Thanks
Brent

blackcat4866
04-14-2015, 11:53 PM
I suppose that's one way to remove the elevator tray. It's easier to remove the tray from the brackets and leave the belts attached.

Have you done a System Error Reset in System1 > Initialization? =^..^=

brent
04-15-2015, 12:53 AM
i always do thing the hard way. I have not. But I suppose I can lower the tray. And leave the side door open. Because if the door is shut. It will raise the tray and be back in the same boat. I wonder if the sensor is not working? I will indeed to s system reset. Thanks so much. Very frustrating

brent
04-15-2015, 12:55 AM
i always do thing the hard way.   I have not. But I suppose I can lower the tray. And leave the side door open. Because if the door is shut. It will raise the tray and be back in the same boat. I wonder if the sensor is not working?  I will indeed to s system reset. Thanks so much.   Very frustrating 

brent
04-15-2015, 04:58 PM
ok so I get the dummy award today. I did not have the output tray on after I replaced all the parts. it lifted the assembly up too high
and it would code out. installed output tray. voila this thing works now. I actually fixed it with your help thanks

brent

blackcat4866
04-16-2015, 01:52 AM
ok so I get the dummy award today. I did not have the output tray on after I replaced all the parts. it lifted the assembly up too high
and it would code out. installed output tray. voila this thing works now. I actually fixed it with your help thanks

brent

I used to do this frequently on deliveries. I would remove the finisher trays so that they didn't get damaged in the truck, then forget to put the tray on before powering up. =^..^=

Custom Search