PDA

View Full Version : PC-210 feed head unit

Custom Search

stevena86
04-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I've got a PC-210 deck on a Bizhub C454e that is constantly jamming from the 4th tray. Customer uses a vellum type paper for special letterhead but the machine will jam even on plain paper in the tray. I noticed that the sep roller is wearing abnormally and getting horizontal lines in it and becoming uneven. I'd like to just replace the entire feed head unit, but can't seem to find if they allow you to order one as an entire unit. Can't seem to find a bulletin on it nor is the entire unit listed in the parts manual.

Giving this a shot to just see if any of you might have a P/N for a feed head unit for trays 3/4 PC-210.

Thanks

blackcat4866
04-09-2015, 10:51 PM
As far as I know, KM isn't selling whole feed units. I have 2 cents to throw in though.

I have a bizhub 454e, that was wearing the separation roller unevenly and would start jamming within 6K pages of tire replacement. For me it was tray #1, but this may work for you also.

I noticed that when you gradually relieve the separation pressure, the rollers align properly. But as separation pressure is applied the rollers meet unevenly, and wear unevenly. The feed unit is made of a fairly flexible plastic with a metal reinforcement rib screwed on. The gray plastic bushing is fairly loose too. As an experiment, I removed the metal reinforcing rib and purposely warped it down 2mm in the center to counteract the flexing of the unit. When re-installed, the rollers meet ... better ... not perfect.

It's been 4 weeks since then, which would have been two more sets of tires, so I can only conclude that it is an improvement. Please let me know if the same theory applies to tray #3 or #4.

=^..^=

Custom Search