PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C280 error C-2558

Custom Search

Alex1
04-10-2015, 05:27 AM
I have a Konica Minolta C280 with the error C-2558.

i have changed the following.

Black Drum, also cleaned Drum reader
black toner replaced.
developer replaced.

still the same error. Any help will be appreciated.

allan
04-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Did you strip and check the toner hopper? The aluminium actuator clips out and the magnet can get a dirty build up that makes it stick.

Alex1
04-14-2015, 05:12 AM
Did you strip and check the toner hopper? The aluminium actuator clips out and the magnet can get a dirty build up that makes it stick.

Im trying that now. Is the actuator with the round spring on it?

allan
04-14-2015, 05:57 AM
No, its the section were the toner feds from the bottle. Its a aluminium bracket with a magnet attached on the side, the auger inside the sub hopper tank pushes it to up and gravity lets it drop back down. There is a reed switch at the back of the hopper that switches if the magnet on the inside of the hopper gets close to it. If that gets stuck in the up position the machine would not add any toner.

You can stick you finger in the sub hopper to check if there is toner in there. the actuator can even clip out and cause the same problem.

You need to strip of the hopper assy and clean it out to make shur the is no blockage.

Watch your TCR levels before and after. Do half-tones to test your machine afterwards.

allan
04-14-2015, 06:05 AM

Alex1
04-14-2015, 06:10 AM
No, its the section were the toner feds from the bottle. Its a aluminium bracket with a magnet attached on the side, the auger inside the sub hopper tank pushes it to up and gravity lets it drop back down. There is a reed switch at the back of the hopper that switches if the magnet on the inside of the hopper gets close to it. If that gets stuck in the up position the machine would not add any toner.

You can stick you finger in the sub hopper to check if there is toner in there. the actuator can even clip out and cause the same problem.

You need to strip of the hopper assy and clean it out to make shur the is no blockage.

Watch your TCR levels before and after. Do half-tones to test your machine afterwards.

i tried cleaning them now. The black magnet was dirty I'm testing the machine now. I changed the chip that resets the black Dev tank. Seems to be working

allan
04-14-2015, 06:12 AM
Good

copier tech
04-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Did you replace the just the developer (powerder) ? i'e not a new developer unit?

Alex1
04-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Did you replace the just the developer (powerder) ? i'e not a new developer unit?

I replaced a different tank with new Dev powder only

copier tech
04-14-2015, 08:58 AM
I didn't know you can just buy developer!?

Alex1
04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
I didn't know you can just buy developer!?

Yes they are available for any colour

aferquez
04-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Hi there,

I had the same problem a few days before. If your developer unit works fine, with correctly developer level in another machine and you changed the developer powder, you only need use a new developer unit chip and the machine adjust it automatly. The chips have a SMD fuse that the machine need burn for do this automatic adjust

Bye!

allan
04-14-2015, 11:17 PM
I use the cheaper black tanks to replace the color ones. To reset the tank short out pin 1 and 5 on the connector while closing the door switch for less than a second. Same work for the drum counter use pin 1 and 3.

Hansoon
04-15-2015, 05:50 AM
To reset the tank short out pin 1 and 5 on the connector while closing the door switch for less than a second. Same work for the drum counter use pin 1 and 3.

If longer than 1 second it will fry the boards Allan?

Hans

allan
04-15-2015, 06:06 AM
No its does not do any thing, just gives a code then just open and close the front door and try again. The timing is tricky that's all.

I have tried that on a C224e but it does not work the same maybe someone knows ow to reset that machine?

allan
04-15-2015, 06:27 AM
the connector needs to be plunged in while you do this there is 2 gaps on top of the connector where you can get a paperclip in leave the waste toner box out while doing this.
I found that its a plain ICP that does the reset on the chips. One of the pins is just to let the machine know the unit is set and the other pins for the dev tank is for the TCR sensor.

If made a tool from the chips with the connector from a scraped machine, just remove the ICP's and solder it to be short circuited. Put that in a case with epoxy resin and sell as a magic reset tool.

The color and black drum chips are not the same so you will need a switch that will switch between the two number 2 pins. :)

Hansoon
04-15-2015, 03:35 PM
A good ol' picofuse would do too? Still have hundred or so laying around here and I'm dead scared of fried boards. We're talking about KonicaMinola y'know.....

Hans

allan
04-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Be brave and do it.
It works.

allan
06-05-2021, 09:58 PM
If longer than 1 second it will fry the boards Allan?

Hans

The guys was selling these reset tools for stiff price. All it was was a switch and selected short circuits in epoxy.

rrrohan
06-06-2021, 05:21 AM
i used to solder the new fuses into fuser units until i realised u could just shove a new one ontop of old one down the insulation sleeves

Custom Search