PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta bizhub C203 - i-Options (Removing it!)

Custom Search

Jorvikps
04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I wondered if anyone, can shed some light on a problem that is driving me completely crazy!

We have now 8 of these machines, that have all been recovered from the scrap heap and returned to fully working order. As part of this refurbishment progress, all firmware has been flattered and the latest firmware has been installed. If I'm correct in what I've found out, i-Options comes at standard in the latest build. The question is, how do we remove this...

I'm been searching for the answer for a number of months. I have three theories, to solve this issue. I don't know which is correct, however if someone else have come across this problem and can point me to the correct one, that would be fantastic.

I've got fully working machines, but stuck with the VERY annoying "Licence Management Error Occurred"

1. Deactivation - As it's never had the i-Options installed, I'm sure this isn't the right one. As there is nothing to deactivate. I've also tried a repair though the LMS website. This again gives the error that it's never been installed.

2. Bit Switch - On the newer C224s there is a bit switch to turn i-Options (or part of it) on/off. I believe it's 150. Now 203s don't go that high. They are just double figured numbers. Am I on the right track here?

3. Something needs to be removed from the firmware before writing to the CF Card. Is this theory correct?

4. Something completely different!

Sorry if I'm being completely stupid here, but it's starting to annoy me greatly.

Thanks

Andy

emujo
04-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I option isn't standard on any KM MFPs. You are probably getting the error due to a board swap, or some other system/network clear done by the group that sold you the equipment. Could also be a serial number mismatch in Service mode/System 1. I have had very limited success resolving license errors via he LMS server, and in your case, since the MFPs were never actually licensed, there is nothing to repair. You will have to contact KM support (LMS support group) they will have you fax the repair code to them and fax back the initialize code for you to re-input. This will clear the error messages. Emujo

Jorvikps
04-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your reply.

i think you might be onto something with the serial numbers. We never put the serial number of the scanner back in after the firmware. Could this be the issue? If so, where is the serial for this printed??

Thanks

andy

emujo
04-15-2015, 03:52 PM
LMS is only looking for the mainframe serial number, scanner serial number does not apply. Emujo

Albonline
04-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I wondered if anyone, can shed some light on a problem that is driving me completely crazy!

We have now 8 of these machines, that have all been recovered from the scrap heap and returned to fully working order. As part of this refurbishment progress, all firmware has been flattered and the latest firmware has been installed. If I'm correct in what I've found out, i-Options comes at standard in the latest build. The question is, how do we remove this...

I'm been searching for the answer for a number of months. I have three theories, to solve this issue. I don't know which is correct, however if someone else have come across this problem and can point me to the correct one, that would be fantastic.

I've got fully working machines, but stuck with the VERY annoying "Licence Management Error Occurred"

1. Deactivation - As it's never had the i-Options installed, I'm sure this isn't the right one. As there is nothing to deactivate. I've also tried a repair though the LMS website. This again gives the error that it's never been installed.

2. Bit Switch - On the newer C224s there is a bit switch to turn i-Options (or part of it) on/off. I believe it's 150. Now 203s don't go that high. They are just double figured numbers. Am I on the right track here?

3. Something needs to be removed from the firmware before writing to the CF Card. Is this theory correct?

4. Something completely different!

Sorry if I'm being completely stupid here, but it's starting to annoy me greatly.

Thanks

Andy

if these were truly scrapped units then the sn has been removed from the konica database and the LMS will catch it .

copier addict
04-15-2015, 05:28 PM
I have had three of these errors on three different machines, and all three times it was resolved by replacing the EEPRom board. It is the little board the sits under the HDD.
Hope this helps
PS. This little board is not expensive.

Boltaction
08-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Andy

Sorry to bring up a thread over two years old, but I'm also having an issue with a Bizhub C224e. LK-102v3 installed with the UK-204. If I remove the extra RAM I get a code because the iOption will not work without expanded RAM. So how can I get rid of the LK-102 without putting in a request for deactivation code?
I've looked in the service manual under software switch setting and I'm not seeing anything about iOptions, there isn't even a switch number 150.
The main problem I'm having is that I'm missing PDF/A font. The only firmware I can see is movie data, voice data, ocr dictionary, web browser and obviously latest firmware.
Under the pdf for the firmware it does say that PDF/A font data is included in the firmware but must be installed separately via Install Data which I tried and kept getting FILE N.G.

I've already done a physical format of the hard drive so I know that option is not being stored there.

I either need to know how to get rid of the LK-102 or to be pointed in the right direction as to where the PDF/A font is hiding in the firmware versions.

Thanks as always

allan
08-18-2017, 05:49 PM
don't think your problem is related to i-options. Follow the procedure. I believe its a hack.
look here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/55301-bizhub-c353-license-management-error.html

(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/55301-bizhub-c353-license-management-error.html)

emujo2
08-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Here is the step by step to remove an I-Option (not a license management error)

1.Go onto LMS server under de activate license. Input your s/n and which license you want to remove. LMS will give you a deactivation code.
2. Enter this deactivation code at the MFP service mode/billing settings license management. You will be presented with a deactivation complete code (copy or print this code)
3. Go back on to the LMS server and enter your deactivation code complete (number issued in step 2)

I'm not 100% sure you even need to do step 3 if you don't plan on using the LK on any other machine, but until you do, the LK will stay registered to that s/n.

f course you would want to put the memory back in to do this procedure and you can leave it in, it is only used with the I-Option, but you can always say "look, even comes with 2gb ram". Emujo

Boltaction
08-22-2017, 05:01 PM
don't think your problem is related to i-options. Follow the procedure. I believe its a hack.
look here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/55301-bizhub-c353-license-management-error.html

(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/55301-bizhub-c353-license-management-error.html)

Thanks allan, this method did the trick.

Boltaction
08-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Here is the step by step to remove an I-Option (not a license management error)

1.Go onto LMS server under de activate license. Input your s/n and which license you want to remove. LMS will give you a deactivation code.
2. Enter this deactivation code at the MFP service mode/billing settings license management. You will be presented with a deactivation complete code (copy or print this code)
3. Go back on to the LMS server and enter your deactivation code complete (number issued in step 2)

I'm not 100% sure you even need to do step 3 if you don't plan on using the LK on any other machine, but until you do, the LK will stay registered to that s/n.

f course you would want to put the memory back in to do this procedure and you can leave it in, it is only used with the I-Option, but you can always say "look, even comes with 2gb ram". Emujo

Thanks emujo, I don't have the credentials for logging in to the LMS server so I was not able to get a deactivation license.

Custom Search