PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera 5035 Question.

Custom Search

hammer1969
05-14-2008, 03:10 PM
We are quoting a job that will be printed with metallic ink. I have to print variable copy onto the sheet. Will this ink cause a problem in the copier?

blackcat4866
05-15-2008, 01:08 AM
What is this?: I have to print variable copy onto the sheet.

When you say you must print with metallic ink, what exactly do you mean?

There is only one kind of suitable toner, and I am quite certain that Kyocera does not sell metallic ink to install in their dry toner copiers.

I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do, but I suggest that you don't do it.

=^..^=

Ctl-Alt-Del
05-15-2008, 05:50 AM
MICR toner?

Other then that I am totally confused.

peterepeat
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Are these pre-printed forms that were using metallic ink and you are worried about what effect they will have when put thru the copier? I'd stay away regardless, why take a chance ruining the machine. Kyocera certainly won't honor any warranty that way.

hammer1969
05-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Are these pre-printed forms that were using metallic ink and you are worried about what effect they will have when put thru the copier? I'd stay away regardless, why take a chance ruining the machine. Kyocera certainly won't honor any warranty that way.

Yes, these sheets are pre printed with metallic ink. Sorry for not clarifying. I pass on the job. I was just wondering if anybody else tried printing on pre printed sheets with metallic ink.

Mark B
05-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I had a customer that was coping onto preprinted cards. The call was for light copies, with regular paper it was fine, I sent the cards to Kyocera and they said the preprinted cards had metalic ink. They went to different cards and they worked fine.

hammer1969
05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I had a customer that was coping onto preprinted cards. The call was for light copies, with regular paper it was fine, I sent the cards to Kyocera and they said the preprinted cards had metalic ink. They went to different cards and they worked fine.

I thought the ink would give the printer a problem. I usually tell my sales team that preprinted paper must be printed with laser safe inks and without gloss coating. But, we all know how salespeople are.

copygirl
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
You should only use Kyocera Toner. Not user about metallic ink but think you'd be making a mistake by trying something like that.

B0265
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Be sure that the metallic ink isn't conductive. We had one customer that was printing on silver colored labels. After replacing two drums (black spots), it turned out that the labels was conductive and killed the drums.

Custom Search