PDA

View Full Version : C224e Series/BH 224e Series, Scan file naming and defaults and naming retention.

Custom Search

copytechman
04-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Hello all! I have a client that would like for the machine to retain it's destination setting (which I found a setting for) and to retain the last filename entered when naming a file to scan to server.... Are there any dip switches or settings that anyone knows of that can do this.. I thus far haven't found much luck in the user manual never mind the service book!

Regards!

A.

neil greenhough
04-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Hi, you could try entering the details required and then go into user tools- user settings- scan settings and set the current settings as default. Don't know if this will work but it works on the copier default setting. You can try it for nothing though! Hope this helps.

copytechman
04-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Hi, you could try entering the details required and then go into user tools- user settings- scan settings and set the current settings as default. Don't know if this will work but it works on the copier default setting. You can try it for nothing though! Hope this helps.

Thanks, that retains the scan settings but not the last filename entered!

Regards!

A.

emujo
04-17-2015, 03:13 PM
You would need a 3rd party app to do what you're looking for. The MFP will add the default name unless you change it at the device and it will not keep it. BTW why would you want to keep the same file name??? You would wind up either overwriting the original file or keep adding a *-1.PDF each time anyway...Emujo

copytechman
04-18-2015, 04:10 AM
The cust doesn't want the same name but wants to simply modify the last name entered instead of typing a whole new name if it only differs by 1 or 2 characters.

Regards!

A.

emujo
04-20-2015, 04:26 PM
You need a 3rd party app that provides for "indexing". Customer can type names on the fly, select from a list, ect...Not built into the basic MFP. Emujo

copytechman
04-20-2015, 08:21 PM
You need a 3rd party app that provides for "indexing". Customer can type names on the fly, select from a list, ect...Not built into the basic MFP. EmujoI figured as much. Thanks!A.

Custom Search