PDA

View Full Version : Zen and the Art of Copier Maintenance.

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
04-18-2015, 06:12 AM
I am your typical tech.

Most days I have very manageable, dare I say "easy" calls. Sometimes, in the summer, when I drive around in the glorious weather, enjoying the freedom of a field tech and racking up happy customers I pinch myself at what a fortunate job I have.

However, again like most techs, I have my dark cloud days. I have a nightmare problem. Like when a finisher jams periodically, you sit there watching like a Donkey having no f'n clue which sensor, clutch, gate, motor or solenoid is failing. Or ordering the wrong part for a downed machine. Or saying something stupid.

My Zen is to always remind myself that Horrible Nightmare Machines eventually get fixed or replaced. It helps to look back and remind myself of those dark cloud days. They ALL go away. Speak up to your service manager, or tell your dispatcher a new set of eyes will help. Or just tell the customer you need to research the problem, sometimes you're sitting on your couch at home and the solution hits you!

subaro
04-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Ah, I remember that problem, i know i seen it before, where and when, if i could only remember the fix. taxing your brains out only to come up with vague ideas, but not the real solution. It occupy's most of your attention as nothing else seems to matter much but to see that memory recollection of the fix appear. Then a few calls to your colleagues and someone remembers or not.
This i learnt call for a Q AND A [question and answer ] file on your computer to document fixes that does not happen often, but when it does you can refer back to your own personal Q and A file, especially with samples of print issues. I do that now and is has helped quite a lot.

I still pride myself though on memory, as i like to think i am not aging that quickly. some has short memory span and others excellent, this is the reality of life and it's in the DNA i think.

good topic, spit it out guys.

allan
04-18-2015, 04:37 PM
I hate the feeling of leaving a machine stumped. I would get fixated on it. I am struggling with a BH601 currently its been driving me crazy for a week now.

The Zen comes in if the fixes comes thru a dream, happened a couple of times, i will apply it the next day and all it well.

weird!

fixthecopier
04-18-2015, 09:52 PM
To achieve total zen, I become one with the copier. I become the copier. That works really well until some bitch tries to load toner in you....

igi
04-20-2015, 11:57 AM
To achieve total zen, I become one with the copier. I become the copier. That works really well until some bitch tries to load toner in you....
magenta or cyan?
:)

fixthecopier
04-20-2015, 12:05 PM
magenta or cyan?

Does it matter? As with any customer, if it doesn't fit they will just force it in anyway. OUCH!

igi
04-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Does it matter? As with any customer, if it doesn't fit they will just force it in anyway. OUCH!

ha-ha
at least its a colourful ouch

subaro
04-20-2015, 05:05 PM

This confirms my question. You are now a Transhuman

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.png Re: Do you think this will happen

video from the post is missing here, you will have to go to the title above to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN57u7-x75w

2min 20 seconds

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by igi http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-and-everything-else/97182-do-you-think-will-happen-post461034.html#post461034)
yes.no.maybe.perhaps
I am not sure

You supposed to be thinking 1 and 0 , i guess you are human. Take a look, maybe a yes or no will conclude.:)
who ever saw this post before i had the wrong smiley. pardon me. i had this one:(

Gar the pilot
04-20-2015, 05:41 PM
I have many 3am fixes come to me through the years. Sometimes taking a junior tech or even a sales puke gives one a second set of eyes and weird questions to answer. I have had the second person with NO clue help by causeing me to think differently or try to explane the prob. But mostly the 3 am fix is what gets the job done. My other Zen is here,.. this is the second set of eyes, the junior tech, the 3 am dream fix. Sometimes the answer is 100% the fix needed other times it is the correct fork in the road to follow. There are times that "C4" or a "sledge" seem more the right answer. We will see what this new week brings us,.. at the end of this week I will be gone until May 12th, and wish you all well.
Garthe Pilot

copydocinc
04-20-2015, 06:27 PM
I am not comfortable with the (took it apart, put it back together, now it works, don't know why, don't know what I did to fix it, but it works now) fixes. But I willingly except it and move on with a smile :cool:

subaro
04-22-2015, 12:35 AM
I am not comfortable with the (took it apart, put it back together, now it works, don't know why, don't know what I did to fix it, but it works now) fixes. But I willingly except it and move on with a smile :cool:

Truthfully. There is more to what the eyes see only. Example, air, feel it but cannot see it.

Now shall i go on further... I think if i do others will object. Pinch yourself sometimes, this reality is real.

Science --- rationally explained and reliable applied

Devine --- belief that is not based on proof

choice --- we all have one. There is no in between.

Custom Search