PDA

View Full Version : C35 Account Track/ User Authentication counter reset

Custom Search

Phrag
04-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Long time no post.

This one is doing my head in.

Every month I have to go out to this customer and reset their Account Track counters by disabling then re-enabling Acct. Track and re-entering the 1 username/password.

It's not that much of a hassle to be honest, but it seems stupid not to be able to select "Reset All Counters" to avoid having to lose all the user data.

I've gone through User Manuals, Service Manuals, and Security manuals, but I can't find where it might be (if its actually their at all)

What am I missing? Is it actually possible?

allan
04-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Why dont you get them to subtract the previous counters from the new ones to get the monthly reading? Did not know the C35 is so limited.

Phrag
04-20-2015, 07:58 AM
In true murphy's law fashion, I found a thread started by wyseller (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/84809-c35-account-track-how-turn-ssl.html?highlight=C35%20account%20track).

Apparently PS Data Admin has to be used to reset the counts?

Can anyone confirm?

Why dont you get them to subtract the previous counters from the new ones to get the monthly reading? Did not know the C35 is so limited.

Yeah. They don't want to do it that way. *shrugs*

wseyller
04-20-2015, 05:08 PM
In true murphy's law fashion, I found a thread started by wyseller (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/84809-c35-account-track-how-turn-ssl.html?highlight=C35%20account%20track).

Apparently PS Data Admin has to be used to reset the counts?

Can anyone confirm?

Yeah. They don't want to do it that way. *shrugs*
Yep I remember this. Data admin was the only option that I could ever find.

Phrag
04-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Rightio. Cheers everyone. I'll try it out in the office before heading out and doing it for real.

Nothing beats trying to do something in front of someone and not knowing what your doing.

wseyller
04-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Rightio. Cheers everyone. I'll try it out in the office before heading out and doing it for real.

Nothing beats trying to do something in front of someone and not knowing what your doing.

Yeah definitely figure it out before you go. You could even test on a different model i believe. With data admim it is the same. Don't ask me how it's done because I don't really remember.

Phrag
04-21-2015, 05:03 AM
All good. It's easy enough. You import the device information (address books, auth settings etc), expand the auth settings header, and you'll find the option to reset the counter in one of the sub headers. You'll have to export that info back into the machine, but it only takes 20 seconds.

Cheers everyone.

Custom Search