PDA

View Full Version : C654 with FS535

Custom Search

big jase
04-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I have weird one, the machine is set to display jam codes , but the finisher is showing a jam in location 32 (but no J Code!) nothing showing in service mode either.

I have manual fed paper though the finisher with no problem,also no sign of any paper bits or foreign bodies in paper path.

The other weird bit is that the fns doesn't seem to re initialise on start up , i moved stapler but the is no movement on start up

If anyone could shed some light it would be great!!

Let machine working without finisher connected

allan
04-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Run thru the sensor checks?

EarthKmTech
04-20-2015, 11:49 PM
some of us don't remember the jam locations without a picture of the display :cool:

If I saw the display I'd be able to tell instantly if I have seen this before or not

Mr. Joshua
04-21-2015, 03:09 AM
I swapped out an RU unit (dont know if that's the correct name) to fix this once

fummbles
02-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Can you let me know some more info on what you did. I have a machine with the same fault.

Synthohol
02-13-2017, 05:36 PM
What is the actual jam code? You can see it in counters jam code counters history in svc mode.
Let us know.

Mr. Joshua
02-16-2017, 08:57 PM
My apologies, on my previous post I think I meant I fixed that issue on a c652 (not 654) by replacing the RU unit.

I think jam location 32 (I hate those too! customers see that and they don't read the actual jam code like 72-30 or whatever) is in the upper exit path. I think on the same or similar finisher model if a customer sends too thick a paper marked as plain, it can get caught in there. This definitely burned me once. I could NOT see the paper until I went back with a FNS control board and that didn't fix it and I went digging deep.

Custom Search