PDA

View Full Version : a line produced when making a copy on glass 454e !

Custom Search

jakani
04-21-2015, 12:30 PM
hi all
when client make copy on the adf it goes normal buy when making it on the glass it produce a weird line on top , i checked the glass nothing on it it's clean !
have anyone ever experienced this problem , what could be causing it ?
any suggestion would be appreciated :)
here is a sample :28880

minimerlin
04-21-2015, 08:53 PM
hi all
when client make copy on the adf it goes normal buy when making it on the glass it produce a weird line on top , i checked the glass nothing on it it's clean !
here is a sample :28880Which is the feed direction? Have you checked and cleaned the optics path?

blackcat4866
04-22-2015, 01:22 AM
The fact that the line tapers leads me to believe that it's primary charge related. Charge related lines can vary in thickness, whereas optics related lines tend to stay the exact same thickness.

If you still think it's optical though, make sure that your scan rails are properly lubricated. A dry rail can cause the light source to tip, changing image focus, and perhaps exposing a fleck of dust it wouldn't ordinarily see. =^..^=

epintotox
04-22-2015, 02:16 AM
hi all

try scan to pc using adf and platen glass. see got line or not. if still got, try copy using platen glass, see the light is on or not during copy.

allan
04-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Scan something white that is bigger than the platen glass. like BC said the fact that it tapers is weird. That then could mean that there is light shining in there. Turn your entire machine by 90 degrees and make a copy.

imihm
04-22-2015, 08:11 AM
hi all

Hi there.

Check debris or spot on the exposure lamp.

Thanks

emujo
04-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Scan something white that is bigger than the platen glass. like BC said the fact that it tapers is weird. That then could mean that there is light shining in there. Turn your entire machine by 90 degrees and make a copy.

not sure how rotating MFP helps, but hey, maybe KM needs to put this step in the trouble shooting guide...Emujo

darry1322
04-22-2015, 01:44 PM
[/B]
not sure how rotating MFP helps, but hey, maybe KM needs to put this step in the trouble shooting guide...Emujo

allan was referring to the possibility of a light source shining into the optics. Turning the machine can block that external source.

emujo
04-22-2015, 02:05 PM
OK, now I can see how that might help...We usually just run the non image area erase test, if it fails then we might suspect a extraneous light source. Emujo

jakani
04-23-2015, 03:25 PM
hi all
thanks for your suggestions ,
when i went to try out these solutions , i found that the problem vanished without doing anything :cool:
the suggestions where great and useful

blackcat4866
04-23-2015, 10:53 PM
hi all
thanks for your suggestions ,
when i went to try out these solutions , i found that the problem vanished without doing anything :cool:
the suggestions where great and useful

... and unnecessary. Hopefully it won't bounce back right away. =^..^=

Iowatech
04-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Fair warning - the last Konica equipment I worked on was analog, so what follows might be nonsense.
Still, if that machine has a CCD and moving carriages in the scanner, that line most likely was caused by dust on the mirrors under the platen glass. As the scanning carriages distance from the CCD changes, so does the width of the shadow from the dust on the mirror change on the CCD.
It might not hurt to have someone who knows what they are doing clean the inside of the scanner. Usually, the parts underneath the platen glass are pretty fragile.
Sorry if that was a waste of time.

Custom Search