PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C35P Image Unit reset?

Custom Search

giddyupngo
04-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Hi,
At our office one of our staff uses a C35P for promotional printing. It is displaying the near-life message for two image units on the display, but it still printing. The image units on these are meant to last around 30K prints. I loaded the latest firmware, and set the IU life to Extension, which is 150% of life, which means it should not display a message until around 45K prints.
The Unit Life Optimized Settings Bulletin # 8607 from Konica Minolta has a solution for the C35, but not the C35P. The C35P is no longer in production, so I am guessing they will not spend any more time on it.
The Image units that come with the machine do not have a chip, just a black plastic "dummy chip". The replacement retail Image Units do come with a chip, that keeps its own counter data on it. I would like to keep using these image units until image quality suffers, and I also have Imaging units from a scrapped machine that still have life in them, however these just have dummy chips, so an older machine would not allow these to be used at all.
Right now it seems there are 3 possible options.

1. Buy chips (from ebay or elsewhere) so these image units could be used up.
2. Save chips with life left on them from other C35 imaging units and use them on my good Imaging units with old or dummy chips.
3. Not sure if this is possible, but wondering if the Lithium battery was removed temporarily to wipe the NVRAM, then the Engine backup wiped, would it be like a new machine with the IU life counters reset?

Thanks in advance

allan
04-22-2015, 07:52 PM
I have tried half used chips before. The color registration was out until i replaced aftermarket chips. not sure how that works but i would not recommend using used chips.
Have chipped some of those unit a second time without a problem.

Don't know if you can fool the machine be defaulting to factory condition, would be good to know.

giddyupngo
04-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks Allan,
Good to know about the color registration issue.

Custom Search