PDA

View Full Version : Fax forwarding file types bizhub 363

Custom Search

Cookr
04-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Have a customer with a bizhub 363 and they want the faxes forwarded to there PC which I have set up but they want it to be a .tiff not a .pdf and i stoped in quickly to check it out but could figure out if there is a way to do that. I already have there scans set to default to a .tiff but i dont see a way to forward faxes as .tiff. Any Ideas? Thanks

emujo
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
To set the MFP to default to TIFF when forwarding a fax, perform the following:
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Select System 2.
3. Select Software Switch Setting and set software switch 28 to a hex value of 08.
4. Select Fix.
5. Select End.
6. Select Exit and reboot the MFP.

We see this need when the faxes are routed to a watch folder that grabs the documents for processing but only looks for .tiff formats. Emujo

allan
04-23-2015, 04:22 PM
emujo, where did you find a list of soft switches for this machine? i can seem to find them in the fs manual.

Cookr
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Sweet. Thanks emujo.

emujo
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
emujo, where did you find a list of soft switches for this machine? i can seem to find them in the fs manual.

SM doesn't list all of them...some sort of secret info KM doesn't put out to GP. Most of the special switch settings can be found by doing a keyword search on the KM website. Emujo

allan
04-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Difficult to find then. I am working for a Dealership under Konica Minolta South-Africa and have access to there knowledge base. Just did the search there and got that info of of a C360 TAD. Seems like the guys in JHB in doing a good job with the new knowledge base.
:)

Custom Search