PDA

View Full Version : Konica SMB scanning issue

Custom Search

barber782
04-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

I am having an issue scanning PDF's from a c224e to a Mac running OS 10.10.2 Yosemite. The PDF's arrive in the Scans folder OK, but are not accessible. When you try opening the PDF's it displays a message that basically says 'you do not have permission to open this type of document'. I have tried adjusting the permissions settings under 'file info' and setting it to allow. However this does not seem to work for newly created PDF's.
Iv also noticed this on other brands of machines when scanning. Is there a known issue with SMB Scanning on Yosemite? and is there a fix??

Cheers

wseyller
04-24-2015, 12:30 AM
I have seen a certain ftp server software for windows OS do this except that only the computer where it scans to can access but not other computers that have access to the share. Or I should really say other users can't access.

The copier itself doesnt cause the permissions issue. I don't know enough about the macs ftp server but if you try a 3rd party ftp solution it should keep that from happening in most cases.

ccooper
06-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Try changing the SMB client settings to NTLM V1/V2

barber782
06-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Already changed ntlm to v1/2.

morpk
06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm going to assume you're not authenticating with that logged in user (i have done this before) set up the Button with the username and password of the logged in user and the problem go's away.

-Mark

barber782
06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Already done/checked the login credentials. It's strange because yesterday I went to another customer to set up scanning on Macs (Yosemite), and they all worked fine. So i'm guessing its not a general issue with Yosemite?

Bob Wescott
07-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I am having an issue scanning PDF's from a c224e to a Mac running OS 10.10.2 Yosemite. The PDF's arrive in the Scans folder OK, but are not accessible. When you try opening the PDF's it displays a message that basically says 'you do not have permission to open this type of document'. I have tried adjusting the permissions settings under 'file info' and setting it to allow. However this does not seem to work for newly created PDF's.
Iv also noticed this on other brands of machines when scanning. Is there a known issue with SMB Scanning on Yosemite? and is there a fix??

Cheers

Scan to eMail.

Custom Search