PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-253, where are the colors gone....?

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Bizhub C-253 suddenly is printing only the black and near gray parts of an original. This happens with copies from the glass, internal and external prints and also scans are only showing the black and gray portions. All color information is blanked out completely. Not the slightest sign of color visible.

Since this happens also with scanning I fear that one or more boards are fried. Did any of you guys have similar experiences in the past with these series color gems of KonicaMinolta?

Any hints please before I go there on Monday with a boatload of PWB's?

Hans

allan
04-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Does the machine do half tones for CMY?

Hansoon
04-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Nope, not a single dot of color at all Allan. Its printing only the black and near gray parts of an original but all colors are coming as blanks.

Hans

allan
04-24-2015, 06:10 PM
I mean if you goto service mode -> test mode -> halftone pattern?
The fault must come in with processing. Do an error data clear?

Cant believe its scan and print that is just weird. Never seen that before.

Hansoon
04-24-2015, 06:46 PM
That's what I did in the beginning of course. Same situation with half tone pattern or any internal print. No show of colors. No error codes also.

Think something in the processing is out of whack.

Hans

wseyller
04-28-2015, 03:17 AM
Might be worth total initialization. After that I would think MFP board.

Hansoon
04-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Went there today and found out that the customer was telling nonsense. Scans are coming out in color but only the copies, prints and internal prints we have mentioned problem that all colors are replaced with blanks. BW is OK.

This of course changes the crime scene. I tried first to install fresh firmware but obviously my card is wrong cause its shows following clumsy Japlish message in the display:

"Error. This is invalid card. Please make sure the card."

:rolleyes:

However, next thing I did was inspecting the TB and also the color units for any hints which I didn't find of course.

Than after renewed testing suddenly colors came back as it should be.

Don't know what caused the situation to clear up. I believe that IF the TB retraction mechanism had a problem C2152 would show and IF the color units drive/engage mechanism would have a problem than C2253 and/or C225D would appear. None of these service codes came up during the malfunction so I'm baffled.

Hans

Custom Search