PDA

View Full Version : Electrical DF-624 jams and I can't figure out why.?.?.?

Custom Search

KingofMorton
04-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Can you see the problem?

Over the years I have seen them punched, flooded, knocked to the floor, and frozen. This is the first time that I have had someone torch it. The only thing burned was the doc feed and the plate glass. The ccd rubber parts are slightly melted and the scanner is safely in home position. Even the capacitor on the adf board never blew and is intact. I have been in the biz since June of '97 and it is my opinion that the machine could not have done this by itself given the stated status of the rest of the machine. Do you guys concur?

blackcat4866
04-25-2015, 01:13 AM
The enduser claims that this happened without their help? I find that very unlikely. I've seen a few machines that have been through building fires and it doesn't look like that. The covers mainly just sag. For the plastic to catch fire you need some pretty intensely focused heat, like maybe a cigarette left sitting on the DF tray. I cannot imagine any component on the DF that could generate that kind of heat.

You'll have quite a time proving anything, one way or the other.

The only proveable electronic failure even remotely similar, in my experience, was the flaming up of a power transistor on the front main PWB on a bizhub C284e. It burned an area of the front frame the size of a silver dollar. The connector to the laser was melted and unuseable. And the front inner cover (which is ~3mm away) sagged a little. I doubt that you'll want to fix it though. The smell from an electrical fire can be truly offensive, and does not go away. You could still smell the burned odor two weeks after the machine had been removed from the site. You may not even want to part it out.
=^..^=

KingofMorton
04-25-2015, 01:28 AM
The claim was that a user was making labels at 8:30 at night and then at 9:00 the fire alarm and sprinklers went off and nobody else was around the machine. Mind you, this is in a residential building with college students and last weekend was the last one before finals. I am guessing that someone didn't get their work done and needed an excuse.

Also, this is the second machine that I have had tech support escalate to Japan in the last 2 months and both machines are within 200 ft of each other.

allan
04-25-2015, 04:33 AM
i believe there is a bulletin for that. :)

That was exposed to a gas flame for a long time.

Hansoon
04-25-2015, 06:46 AM
It looks like the core of the fire is where the originals are ejected or the pick up tray, Except a few sensors is there nothing having a substantial electrical load causing such a fire. Even when the 5VDC line of the sensors was shorted it will not cause a fire like that. I am convinced that a fire accelerant such as petrol was used to start this.

Hans

MDR24
04-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Have you tried turning it off and back on? If that doesn't work make sure the F/W is up to date! :D:D:D

fixthecopier
04-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Labels my ass. I want to see the originals. They must have been really hot...

Albonline
04-27-2015, 07:17 PM
just try to light one of those panels up, you have to try to get it to burn. this was no accident. would be talking to whoever is in charge there. and presenting them with a bill.

vincent64
04-27-2015, 09:48 PM
I have to agree with the others, something was used to start it, lighter fluid, federon would work well also, something like that, or a torch held for a long time.

mo0651
04-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Soooooooo..... Customer said " I tried to fix it by replacing the TONER!":cool:

fixthecopier
04-28-2015, 12:17 PM
I am having a vision.

I see Bob. We all know Bob. Bob keeps us employed. he is the guy that when you can't repeat the jam and ask what is wrong, everybody points to Bob. Bob doesn't like technology and it doesn't like him. It keeps eating his originals and he is getting more and more angry. Bob has one last task to complete before he leaves on vacation. He needs a copy of that important paper the boss signed, right before he left for vacation. Bob forgot to remove a staple before he placed it on the feeder and pushed start......

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/14/b6/f4/14b6f45f230f1eaecf35056fbce82d73.jpg

KingofMorton
05-06-2015, 12:20 PM
The consensus between all parties involved was that the fluorescent light above shorted out, melted, and then caught stuff on fire and that mostly meant the MFP.

Custom Search