PDA

View Full Version : KM poor faxing abilities!

Custom Search

padedwalls
04-27-2015, 01:17 PM
So I see primarily 4 series.. what is up with KM poor faxing? Faxes are slow (yes we've played with settings), taking forever to send &/or receive. Your copy screen can hardly be utilized while fax is "busy"!
Anybody found solutions to this?
Batch has been turned off to per page, ECM off, quality priority turned off.... yadda yadda
???????
I've serviced many brands & this is horrible!

emujo
04-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Can't address your specific issue as you have not listed any trouble codes, errors, etc, but my experience with everything KM has released since the C552 and later has been very problematic only when the fax line is not an analog line. Almost 0 issues, but when on VOIP, or use of a DAC it's hit and miss. I feel your pain, but since KM only supports a analog line, we don't get too much help. Emujo

allan
04-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Make sure the machine is allowed to change to V.17 and set the TX/RX speed down a little for V.34, that helps me a lot but that is for bad line quality. Does your line type maybe not need a filter of sorts like with ADSL?

I'll also check the country settings.
There are too many FW fixes that are related to fax issues almost every version upgrades the fax FW.
You could initialize the FAX and format the HHD.

Just some ideas.

A error code would help the other guys to understand the problem. It's under the job log and details somewhere.

padedwalls
04-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Make sure the machine is allowed to change to V.17 and set the TX/RX speed down a little for V.34, that helps me a lot but that is for bad line quality. Does your line type maybe not need a filter of sorts like with ADSL?

I'll also check the country settings.
There are too many FW fixes that are related to fax issues almost every version upgrades the fax FW.
You could initialize the FAX and format the HHD.

Just some ideas.

A error code would help the other guys to understand the problem. It's under the job log and details somewhere.

No codes just extremely slow... this is a new install running two lines on this machine & a 3rd line for rollover (another product, starts with R).
Machine gets 25-50 page faxes all day (literally non stop).
It sits with data light on stalled for 15-30 minutes at times, customer been cycling main power & bam it starts to spit out again!

emujo
04-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Usually see this when trying to receive faxes from another marketing area. Fax sits in memory as "corrupt". Going into SM and doing a fax memory clear will delete the corrupt job, but the next one that comes in will start the cycle all over again. Turning MFP on/off accomplishes the same end result, but you will loose anything else that's stored in memory. Try ensuring A4 to LT is enabled. Emujo

JR2ALTA
04-28-2015, 12:04 AM
You're not alone. KM Faxes are slow. Usually over a minute a page.

jmaister
04-28-2015, 12:13 AM
dial tone detect off, fast busy off, usually gives me no issues.

all them goodie settings are in maintenance mode.

padedwalls
04-29-2015, 02:03 PM
dial tone detect off, fast busy off, usually gives me no issues.

all them goodie settings are in maintenance mode.

Uncertain at this point.

Update!!! This a machine lock up, display becomes unusable!

Initially thought to be a fax lock up because account is so busy with two line faxing that I was reluctant to put fax & network offline! They were balking on pulling lines from the onset of problems, so i just left lines plugged in.

Machine throws no errors, just screen becomes non responsive to any touch at all.... this happens intermittently! Still troubleshooting with KM support

HDD did not resolve the issue, neither did new movie data & dropping back from K2 Fware

darry1322
04-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Uncertain at this point.

Update!!! This a machine lock up, display becomes unusable!

Initially thought to be a fax lock up because account is so busy with two line faxing that I was reluctant to put fax & network offline! They were balking on pulling lines from the onset of problems, so i just left lines plugged in.

Machine throws no errors, just screen becomes non responsive to any touch at all.... this happens intermittently! Still troubleshooting with KM support

HDD did not resolve the issue, neither did new movie data & dropping back from K2 Fware

Pull the network cable and see if that solves the lock-up. Some techs are adding a switch between the copier and the customer network to solve this issue. There is a thread about the e series machines here somewhere.

Custom Search