PDA

View Full Version : CQ Long Term Compatible Toner Use in Konica C280

Custom Search

moonman407
04-27-2015, 02:27 PM
I've got a C280 at home with around 220k clicks.

Compatible toner is about 75% less than originals.

I'd prefer to go this route obviously but does anyone know the effects of long term use on one of these engines? Am I going to have big issues with drums, belts, or coronas?

Does anyone have a recommended comp brand that is very high quality?

Thanks!

hotfuser
04-27-2015, 04:34 PM
I've got a C280 at home with around 220k clicks.

Compatible toner is about 75% less than originals.

I'd prefer to go this route obviously but does anyone know the effects of long term use on one of these engines? Am I going to have big issues with drums, belts, or coronas?

Does anyone have a recommended comp brand that is very high quality?

Thanks!

i have been using compatible for the last three years with know problems at all. The only difference that we have noticed is that it is a bit flat ( not as shiny as OEM) but apart from that it has been a good product.

moonman407
04-27-2015, 04:54 PM
i have been using compatible for the last three years with know problems at all. The only difference that we have noticed is that it is a bit flat ( not as shiny as OEM) but apart from that it has been a good product.

Thanks for the feedback, what brand are you using if you don't mind me asking?

copier tech
04-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Personally I've found non oem toner shortens the life of the image units, if your not too fussy on print quality you could get away with it.

Like oil in your car, would you use the cheapest you could find, maybe from some 3rd world country, no.

We have a saying in The UK "You get what you pay for"

pepper38_cnd
04-29-2015, 11:53 AM
They may work they may not. It really is a crap shoot! But you must know this if you have any quality issues any Tech would blame it on the supplies knowing they are not OEM, and maybe even refuse to even try and deal with quality issues.

Custom Search