PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Cs 3500i doc feed problems (DP770)

Custom Search

gneebore
04-27-2015, 06:09 PM
I have a machine that when trying to use the doc feed the lift tray does not operate. I have replaced the timing sensor of the tray lift motor, the lift motor assembly, the pc board of the doc feeder, and finally the lift limit sensor. Sim 244 does not show a change of state in the lift limit sensor with old and new lift limit sensors. But the other sesnors in the doc feeder do work. Short of replacing the wiring harness what else can I try? I have also upgraded the firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

copydocinc
04-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Have you tried the sim 906 reset

EDSNOW
04-27-2015, 06:46 PM
This sounds like it might be a bad LF HOLDER part 3 303LL07140
Check in the DP-770 Parts Manual.
What was happening is similar to an issue I had in the past and this part was broken and not allowing the sensor flag to work properly.
Hope this helps.

gneebore
04-28-2015, 01:39 PM
This sounds like it might be a bad LF HOLDER part 3 303LL07140
Check in the DP-770 Parts Manual.
What was happening is similar to an issue I had in the past and this part was broken and not allowing the sensor flag to work properly.
Hope this helps.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks. I did also try the other suggestion of sim 906. Learned a long time ago that sim 906 can solve a lot of strange problems with the Kyocera/Copystar machines.

jhalfhide
05-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Seen these symptoms a few times. Check the sensors for the DP in service mode, one will be lit. It doesn't show a jam but thinks there is an obstruction. Wipe the sensor and job done. I've had this 3 times and received a call from another engineer who had the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom Search