PDA

View Full Version : 751 issue with mixed original

Custom Search

wseyller
04-28-2015, 10:32 PM
See link for PDF

When scanning mixed originals the left side is cut off and part of left side is added to the right side. This pdf has legal and letter size alternated.

I have tried the mixed original auto adjustment in service mode. Choose 11x17 and feed blank 11x17 sheet through and said ok. then adjust guides for 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and feed a blank sheet of that through long edge first and it said ok. Did not help though. Quickly blew off sensors around the adf. Ran out of time as it was the end of the day. Hoping someone has a clue. Wondering if it is happening during image processing.

It also happened when doing mixied original with copies.

When not using mixed original mode with legal or letter size there is no problem.

Never seen anything like this before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMJvNl_cG9KdXdYWUs4Rk1Cdkk/view?usp=sharing

wseyller
04-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Well it looks to be the VR301 variable resistor in the adf.

I first tried original width adjust in service mode but doesn't make a difference.

Then I look at VR301 and the gears are set correct per service manual. I decided to move it little by little out of adjustment and it gets better and better. I got it within a few mm. but still not perfect. Going to order VR301.

Making a normal copy is perfect but set to mixed original relies on more accuracy from the VR301

badaxe73
06-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Did you come up with a final solution to this problem? I'm dealing with the same thing right now. The original size adjustment fixes it temporally. Any help would be appreciated!!

wseyller
06-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah replacing the VR301 fixed it for me

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search