PDA

View Full Version : coin operated konica

Custom Search

stric
04-29-2015, 05:32 PM
Hello I picked up two Konica 2230s with trm coin boxes could someone help me with getting the machine back in normal operating mode. Im going to remove the coin boxes and use them as standard copiers. I've disconnected the cables from the box to the machine, but the display still reads " please insert coins" . I'm hoping its just as simple as entering into a service mode and disabling the vending option.
Thank you in advance

Albonline
04-29-2015, 07:42 PM
you need to access billing mode and maybe a jumper. get the service manual for this.

stric
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
you need to access billing mode and maybe a jumper. get the service manual for this.

I've actually download the service manual from this site, but multiple computers tell me the zip file is invalid.

pepper38_cnd
05-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Plug the connector with the jumper back into the Key Counter connector and all will be well. If I remember it is on the right side of the machine. You should see a rectangular cut out that would be removed if you were to add a key counter.

stric
05-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Plug the connector with the jumper back into the Key Counter connector and all will be well. If I remember it is on the right side of the machine. You should see a rectangular cut out that would be removed if you were to add a key counter.

Thank you for your response.
Could you elaborate a little more .I've uploaded a pic so you can see where I'm at with it. The connector in the pic is what the coin box was connected to and a counter was branched off of that, and the counter connector won't match up to that without also having the box connected.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_rtdp-6N0DGT2h4MHZfS0RreEk/edit?usp=docslist_api

oldschool
05-06-2015, 04:40 PM
That looks like TRM's harness. That harness may be connected to where the key counter connector is. It's a small black 4 position connector.

You could also try TRM's (http://www.trmcopycenters.com/technicalsupport.shtml) support.

stric
05-06-2015, 04:52 PM
That looks like TRM's harness. That harness may be connected to where the key counter connector is. It's a small black 4 position connector.

You could also try TRM's (http://www.trmcopycenters.com/technicalsupport.shtml) support.

I'm not sure about the harness, but I did say it was TRM in the op.

oldschool
05-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Yes I saw it was TRM. The point I was trying to make is the connector the other posts are describing (black 4 position) is likely plugged into the other end of that cable. I'm not sure how TRM connects to the copier so it's just a guess. See if you can follow where it goes and you may find the connector you're looking for.

pepper38_cnd
05-07-2015, 11:27 AM
That is the connector! We always left the jumper attached to the wire harness but i see it's not there.

Here what I could find in the old solutions:

A jumper connector with a looped wire (p/n 5400K0190) must be connected to the relay wiring (p/n 26AA90270) when the key counter assembly
is deinstalled.
Note: If the jumper connector is not available, as an interim solution, jump the 2 pins on the relay wiring connected to the main CB (CN28-1 and CN28-2).
CAUTION: Ensure that all exposed metal is insulated from the copier frame, etc.
Solution

Custom Search