PDA

View Full Version : Job accounting issue FS-2100DN

Custom Search

wseyller
04-29-2015, 10:49 PM
This issue has been going on for about two years since they received this printer and they have been kinda dealing with it.

Intermittently the job fails at the printer for incorrect job code.

The driver is installed on a Windows server shared out to a dozen computers. There are only 3 or 4 people that print to this device on a regular basis and it happens with all users. It is configured to do a popup to enter in the code.

I just updated the driver to KX Driver ver. 6.2.1113. Previously it had an older KX driver. The driver update did not help.

Kyocera netviewer is in use get reports.

Cannot find a pattern to this. It happens with different applications including adobe pdfs. A user could print a pdf then it fails, then print the same pdf two minutes later with the same code and it then works. Very random. Happens every day and now they are saying it seems a little worse after the driver update.

I already updated firmware to the latest.

I called Kyocera support but they just tell me it is probably a user is entering in the wrong code or messing with the settings. I can't see users entering in the wrong codes in everyday for two years. The users can't change any settings because they don't have the permissions to. And the IT for this customer who also prints to this device is also witnessing this issue. Kyocera tells me to looks for a pattern and tells me that the customer will need to keep track of all print jobs and note which ones are good and bad and what code was uses. This just seems unreasonable to ask a customer to do this.

All of the job codes are 3 digit numbers if that makes any difference

blsquires
04-30-2015, 12:14 AM
just a suggestion remove km net viewer and reinstall it from the kyocera website so you have the latest version .it will not lose all the numbers or copy counts as they are stored on the machine.
just in case do a 917 and save to a thumb drive.

blackcat4866
04-30-2015, 12:30 AM
just a suggestion remove km net viewer and reinstall it from the kyocera website so you have the latest version .it will not lose all the numbers or copy counts as they are stored on the machine.

This might help the operation of Viewer, but I can't imagine it doing anything for the printing of restricted print jobs.

For the print job to come up with a incorrect job account ID error, either the driver is not transmitting the job account data, or the printer is not retrieving the matching job account data. Since you've changed the driver with no improvement, I'd say that most likely the printer is not retrieving the job account data. Can you determine if it's a specific ID, or a specific time period? If you've got a HDD on the printer, I think I'd try formatting or changing the HDD, and manually re-entering the job account codes. I would not back up the job account data from potentially faulty data, then re-load that same potentially faulty data.

As an experiment you might program a specific ID into the driver to see if it works consistently. That would remove the variable of "fat fingered data entry".

wseyller
04-30-2015, 12:57 AM
The netviewer was also updated. But I too wouldn't think it could be an issue as it isn't even needed for job accounting to work.

The only thing I could think to do is factory reset the device and start over but wanted to see if I overlooked anything.

And it happens with at least a few IDs. Time period seems random so far.

jmaister
04-30-2015, 02:06 AM
is this driver on the server?

can you send directly to print? bypass spooler?

wseyller
04-30-2015, 02:31 AM
is this driver on the server?

can you send directly to print? bypass spooler?
Yes it is on a windows server.

I'd rather not turn on print directly to printer especially as a final solution. It should work without having to do that and I don't want to introduce new problems.

I have wondered if installing locally would make any difference though.

subaro
04-30-2015, 02:50 AM

can't do 917 as this is a printer only and has no menu for it.

think I'd try formatting or changing the HDD, and manually re-entering the job account codes

This machine does not support HDD but SSD-HD-6 which is ridiculously expensive.

I would do a factory reset from web admin for this machine under device default i believe it is located. then setup the machine again. you will have to manually remove user accounts as the reset does not remove those i also believe. net viewer is your choice also.

just a thought here as to the above.

wseyller
04-30-2015, 02:58 AM
I found in the user manual a utility called data sanitization. 30 min with ssd or few minutes without. I doubt they have the ssd.

Data deleted:
Job settings
Machine settings (network settings)
Certificates
User settings (user list, document boxes)
Machine administration (job logs, job accounting)

This is in the data security menu on the printer display.

Would this be a good way to do it???

Also should I create a new workspace for netviewer. Wonder if it would get confused at all.

subaro
04-30-2015, 04:57 AM
I found in the user manual a utility called data sanitization. 30 min with ssd or few minutes without. I doubt they have the ssd.

Data deleted:
Job settings
Machine settings (network settings)
Certificates
User settings (user list, document boxes)
Machine administration (job logs, job accounting)

This is in the data security menu on the printer display.

Would this be a good way to do it???

Also should I create a new workspace for netviewer. Wonder if it would get confused at all.

This way will do a true factory and the machine would be as if out of the box. Everything , logs and user list will be erased.
So its like setting up a new machine again.

Kyo fan
04-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Printing directly, bypassing the server would solve the problem. If you cant be bothered, remove everything and start from scratch with latest kx driver.

wseyller
05-09-2015, 01:06 AM
Still having the issue.

Wednesday morning:

I did the data sanitization. It does have the hard drive. Took awhile to complete. I put the network settings back in. Put the tray settings back in. Turn on job accounting and manually entered in all the codes. Then I abandoned the printer share on the server. I install the latest KX driver locally and removed the shared driver on all the computers. Configured for popup.

blackcat4866
05-09-2015, 02:46 AM
Let us know if it re-occurs.

If you're interested, you can re-enter the job accounting data using PreScribe commands. That is to say, you can write the entire list of commands, and send it to the printer all at once. The benefit to this is you only have to write the commands once, then can re-send on various models, whenever necessary. =^..^=

wseyller
05-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Let us know if it re-occurs.

If you're interested, you can re-enter the job accounting data using PreScribe commands. That is to say, you can write the entire list of commands, and send it to the printer all at once. The benefit to this is you only have to write the commands once, then can re-send on various models, whenever necessary. =^..^=
What I mean is that it still has the issue now after all I just did on Wednesday. Entering the job accounting info is not an issue as there is only a few codes. Took me a minute or two to enter them all in via the control panel.

I'm going to ask my service manager to reach out to a Kyocera rep because the hotline support isn't much help. I am out of ideas beside replacing control boards or the printer all together. I'm not 100% that it isn't an operator error but I can't believe all users are causing this issue. They have a Bizhub with the same account track codes with popup and they don't screw it up.

Custom Search