PDA

View Full Version : Error Code KM Bizhub C280 error code C2552

Custom Search

RS250DUDE
05-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Hows it going,
This is my first post so here we go, i have a C280 i changed the developer chips on and in a few days it came back with this C2552 code prints 3 or 4 pages and deletes the job,ok so i put 3new DR-311 thinking that would fix it but now i have a C-2556 error code? Im thinking it could be a slipping clutch in the toner supply but the only type of clutch i can find is a spring clutch,no electro mechanical types.............or mabe a firmware update?
If anyone can shed some light on this problem many thanks in advance as this is starting to get a bit old!
Thanks
Scott.

allan
05-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Search the site for C2557 is the same kind of problem. strip clean out and reassemble the hopper unit.

Gray4085
05-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Hello
The C2552 is cyan over toned and C2556 is yellow over toned. Check service mode-state confirmation-level history 1. All densities should be between 6-8%. I'm betting the C and Y will be up around 10%. If they are, run halftones to bring it down, then do reset and stabilization, then gradation adj. Also, you said you chipped the dev units? If so how old is the developer unit? they don t hold that much developer so they don't go too long after life counter anyway.
Hope this helps.

allan
05-04-2015, 07:36 PM
i see you changed the DR's not the DV's

Gray4085 is giving the right advise.

copier tech
05-04-2015, 08:43 PM
I've seen this before, because you have changed the developer chips the machine thinks it has new developer units installed when ofcourse it hasn't.

It future change the firmware switches not only is this free it also prevents c- errors same goes for the drum chips.

Fit the original dev chips & restart the machine, if the error clears you know it is the dev chips causing the error.

hotfuser
05-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Hows it going,
This is my first post so here we go, i have a C280 i changed the developer chips on and in a few days it came back with this C2552 code prints 3 or 4 pages and deletes the job,ok so i put 3new DR-311 thinking that would fix it but now i have a C-2556 error code? Im thinking it could be a slipping clutch in the toner supply but the only type of clutch i can find is a spring clutch,no electro mechanical types.............or mabe a firmware update?
If anyone can shed some light on this problem many thanks in advance as this is starting to get a bit old!
Thanks
Scott.

When replacing the Dev chips did you make sure you done them one at a time as this causes incorrect readings.

Do one at a time and stabalize as this gives atruer reading.

davemross
05-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Shouldn't need to replace dev unit chips. Just update the firmware to a level so you can set the end of life settings to hide warning messages about dev units (or image units, transfer belt and fuser) reaching end of life. you have to change a couple of software switches in service mode. I would put original chips back in and do the firmware. Its switches 51 and 55 to hide the messages. Let me know if you need more info. Cheers

allan
05-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Shouldn't need to replace dev unit chips. Just update the firmware to a level so you can set the end of life settings to hide warning messages about dev units (or image units, transfer belt and fuser) reaching end of life. you have to change a couple of software switches in service mode. I would put original chips back in and do the firmware. Its switches 51 and 55 to hide the messages. Let me know if you need more info. Cheers

That is not going to stop the machine from coding.

Custom Search